I seek the strong leathery smell- none still compares to my raisin paige :(

newmarr

Aug 13, 2006
this sounds a bit crazy, but..

I have been on a crazed Kooba quest in the last 3 weeks to acquire some vintage koobas. i was lusting after thick leather and strong leather smell, just like the 1 raisin paige that i got from a few years ago. its extremely thick but supple, and when i bring it to work, i get leather whiffs throughout the day even if i sit the bag a meter away. i've kept the paige in a chest for years and taken it out two or three times in the last few years. right now shes kept back in the chest again.

so anyway, after much frenzied searching and helpful authentication assistance from this forum, I'm now the proud owner of a brown mia, a brown farrah, a brown sienna, and a brown marcelle (coming soon). well the shades are darker and lighter (bourbon, cognac, coffee? etc.. but basically brown). They are really beautiful and the Farrah is fantastically smoosh but high quality. they are in good shape - the farrah looks new, the sienna too. the sienna looks like a couch :smile: (thick leather)

BUT! the leather smell ... no really butt-whipping leather smell! My question is: did the leather smell wear off because of use or time? why does my paige then continue to smell so strong (in a good way)? if i keep these ladies in their dustbags for awhile will the smell regenerate to the level of my Paige? or is Paige just freakily super-leathery smelling?

if you ever owned a mia, farrah, sienna or marcelle, did you initially get strong leathery aromas assaulting your senses while you were in their vicinity? if you ever owned a paige as well, how did they compare to it ? right now i love the bags and have NO REGRETS! but they smell as leathery as my legacy coach (and kind of less than my suede miumiu coffer, which is weird, but definitely less than the 1 nappa spy that i have).

ladies: which kooba would you recommend for the ultimate leathery grail sniffquest?

on another topic - if you would recommend another brand for super high levels of intoxicating leather smelling bags, which would you recommend (can i ask this here?)

thanks in advance!

Last edited:
I know exactly what you mean. My Sienna of a few years past still smells like leather after I pull her out of her dustbag. I wonder if that aspect will ever come back?

Wow - I absolutely know what you mean!! It's been a point of discussion many times here...how much we miss the signature Kooba leather scent from seasons past! My go-to bags for that smell are:

-Carla in Chestnut This bag is something like 4 years old and the smell is stronger than any other bag! When I'm driving in the car (especially when it warmer) I can smell it.

-Floral embossed brown Sienna - I put other bags with it in the tote I store it in and THEY then smell like the Sienna!

-Black Claudia

-Bourbon Jillian

-Desert Marcelle. Very strong smell. I'm surprised your Marcelle doesn't. Is it the Toffee or Cognac Marcelle? My Cognac one did smell strongly but the Toffee one not as much.

Both of my Farrahs had scents that faded over time but would return when nestled with other bags in storage.

I'd love to know of other bags too that have that potent leather scent.

-Desert Marcelle. Very strong smell. I'm surprised your Marcelle doesn't. Is it the Toffee or Cognac Marcelle? My Cognac one did smell strongly but the Toffee one not as much.

Both of my Farrahs had scents that faded over time but would return when nestled with other bags in storage.

[/quote]

the marcelle is the one i don't have yet - it should reach me shortly!

the farrah doesn't have a strong leather scent but so far it is my favourite texture. i can't explain it, its almost papery but yet kind of thick and scrunchy. the mia and sienna are more thick and "chewy" - also good!

[/quote]

forgot to answer this part- > i checked the listing that i won and its described as the cognac! yay -best for last. ... \