I see A lot of Mon Monogram in My Future...

RealHouseWife1

The Universe Guru
O.G.
May 23, 2011
Hi Everyone,

Sorry for yet another rant on the new clothe tags but I just can't seem to get over them. Like everyone else I love Louis Vuitton but the new tags are just not something I can live with. I'm at a point now where I am looking for bags without the clothe tag and considering buying them even if I'm not in love with the style. But I know that is something I would regret.

I discovered during the Houston Meetup that it's getting harder and harder to find a bag without the new clothe tags. I must have gone through 20 or more bags in 3 hours! One solution is to order mon monogram bags since they are definitely made in France.

Guys - please help me get over the clothe tags! My hubby said we can take a trip to Europe next year just to buy LV but what to do until then? I still have around $2000 budgeted for another bag purchase for 2012 but I can't find anything without the tags!!!

Tried to search preloved but the prices just don't justify used bags! Some of them are $50 off retail!!!

How is everyone else dealing with this?

Why not save for the Europe trip? Then you could get 2 or 3 bags, or a more expensive one like an SC!

Or do you have friends overseas that could purchase and ship it to you?

Your hubby will take you to Europe just
to buy LV ? Why don't you just save your
$2,000 and by then you can get 10 LV bags
All the way from Europe :smile: all with no
Cloth tags !!!!

I don't like cloth tags too . :yuck: that's
my personal choice too and I'm glad my
hubby's Family is from Europe ( he don't
need to take me there ) and I can order
from them ship it to me :biggrin: I'm eyeing on
my first alma or Evora :graucho: GL !!!!

needlv said:
Why not save for the Europe trip? Then you could get 2 or 3 bags, or a more expensive one like an SC!

Or do you have friends overseas that could purchase and ship it to you?

That's a great option- if only I wasn't so impatient !!! Realistically speaking we probably wouldn't be able to go until next summer. That's a long wait!

Unfortunately no family in Europe.

Queen Maria said:
Cloth tags !!!!

Lucky girl! Definitely have someone ship if that's an option. Maybe I can get the mon mono nf now to hold me over until the trip? LoL. Why are we so crazy over bags? Sometimes I feel like I need professional help!

M

Queen Maria said:
Cloth tags !!!!

Luckyy!!!

How about leather bags? I don't think they come with cloth tags or do they? I just got a vernis alma bb and it is made in France.

Last edited:
Anjool said:
I would send you bags from australia, we have only made in france lol

Omg You can start a home business! Lol buy MIF bags and sell to crazy people like me!!!

LV2008 said:
How about leather bags? I don't think they come with cloth tags or do they? I just got a vernis alma bb and it is made in France.

Hmmm good point. I think it applies to all bags but let me look into leather ones. Will need more than $2000 though!!

If you buy an Epi Alma, Speedy, Noe, or Madeline, you won't need $2,000. Unless you don't care for Epi, that would be an option. I think there are still some Vernis options under $2,000 as well. There are also other brands out there you may like.

the only option i see is to get a less common bag. speedy and neverfulls are likely to have the cloth...as with any canvas line made here.

i recently got a saumur and is is MIF with old tag. as well, the sullys and gallieras i tried on had old tags as well. so i say the ones they sell more often are the ones where there stock is replenished an already movd on to the cloth tag.

so you can look at something diffrent--go with kusama LE and will not have new tag or get a leather bag. Vernis, empriente, etc
averages only
avalon zipped 1500, saumur, 1200/1400, petit noe 1000 and the list goes on

I would wait till you go to Europe. I live in The Netherlands and never seen a bag MIU. So if you visit Europe you'll definitely find the bags you like that are MIF. The prices here are a lot cheaper, so you can get more bags/slg's! Good luck! :flowers:

I understand how you feel. I just got back from France a couple of weeks ago, and when my husband told me we were going the first thing I thought was, "oh good, no cloth tags there!" If you can't find a bag you want without the new tag I suggest saving your money to buy bags on your trip. LV is a good bit cheaper there than in the US, plus you get the VAT tax refund.

it's just a TAG!!!!! inside of the bag!!! no one see's it ;). I know you see it.... but i would not let that stop me from getting lv!!! the bag is the same... it's like people that get a face lift!:graucho:! they are still the same person.... they just look a bit different :lol::lol:

it's just a TAG!!!!! inside of the bag!!! no one see's it ;). I know you see it.... but i would not let that stop me from getting lv!!! the bag is the same... it's like people that get a face lift!:graucho:! they are still the same person.... they just look a bit different :lol::lol:

I agree with you. I could personally care less about the interior tag. I just saw that it was important to OP. If she doesn't get one without the cloth tag, she won't be happy.