I see A lot of Mon Monogram in My Future...

RealHouseWife1

The Universe Guru
O.G.
May 23, 2011
Hi Everyone,

Sorry for yet another rant on the new clothe tags but I just can't seem to get over them. Like everyone else I love Louis Vuitton but the new tags are just not something I can live with. I'm at a point now where I am looking for bags without the clothe tag and considering buying them even if I'm not in love with the style. But I know that is something I would regret.

I discovered during the Houston Meetup that it's getting harder and harder to find a bag without the new clothe tags. I must have gone through 20 or more bags in 3 hours! One solution is to order mon monogram bags since they are definitely made in France.

Guys - please help me get over the clothe tags! My hubby said we can take a trip to Europe next year just to buy LV but what to do until then? I still have around $2000 budgeted for another bag purchase for 2012 but I can't find anything without the tags!!!

Tried to search preloved but the prices just don't justify used bags! Some of them are $50 off retail!!!

How is everyone else dealing with this?

Queen Maria

Feb 23, 2012
Your hubby will take you to Europe just
to buy LV ? Why don't you just save your
$2,000 and by then you can get 10 LV bags
All the way from Europe :smile: all with no
Cloth tags !!!!

I don't like cloth tags too . :yuck: that's
my personal choice too and I'm glad my
hubby's Family is from Europe ( he don't
need to take me there ) and I can order
from them ship it to me :biggrin: I'm eyeing on
my first alma or Evora :graucho: GL !!!!

RealHouseWife1

The Universe Guru
O.G.
May 23, 2011
needlv said:
Why not save for the Europe trip? Then you could get 2 or 3 bags, or a more expensive one like an SC!

Or do you have friends overseas that could purchase and ship it to you?

That's a great option- if only I wasn't so impatient !!! Realistically speaking we probably wouldn't be able to go until next summer. That's a long wait!

Unfortunately no family in Europe.

Queen Maria said:
Cloth tags !!!!

Lucky girl! Definitely have someone ship if that's an option. Maybe I can get the mon mono nf now to hold me over until the trip? LoL. Why are we so crazy over bags? Sometimes I feel like I need professional help!

M

TheAnaVega

Jul 12, 2012
Queen Maria said:
Cloth tags !!!!

Luckyy!!!

RealHouseWife1

The Universe Guru
O.G.
May 23, 2011
Anjool said:
I would send you bags from australia, we have only made in france lol

Omg You can start a home business! Lol buy MIF bags and sell to crazy people like me!!!

LV2008 said:
How about leather bags? I don't think they come with cloth tags or do they? I just got a vernis alma bb and it is made in France.

Hmmm good point. I think it applies to all bags but let me look into leather ones. Will need more than $2000 though!!

peachylv

O.G.
Apr 15, 2011
If you buy an Epi Alma, Speedy, Noe, or Madeline, you won't need $2,000. Unless you don't care for Epi, that would be an option. I think there are still some Vernis options under $2,000 as well. There are also other brands out there you may like.

drspock7

Handbag Connoisseur
O.G.
Feb 7, 2009
the only option i see is to get a less common bag. speedy and neverfulls are likely to have the cloth...as with any canvas line made here.

i recently got a saumur and is is MIF with old tag. as well, the sullys and gallieras i tried on had old tags as well. so i say the ones they sell more often are the ones where there stock is replenished an already movd on to the cloth tag.

so you can look at something diffrent--go with kusama LE and will not have new tag or get a leather bag. Vernis, empriente, etc
averages only
avalon zipped 1500, saumur, 1200/1400, petit noe 1000 and the list goes on

MrGoyard

Obsessed with Goyard
O.G.
Aug 4, 2011
I would wait till you go to Europe. I live in The Netherlands and never seen a bag MIU. So if you visit Europe you'll definitely find the bags you like that are MIF. The prices here are a lot cheaper, so you can get more bags/slg's! Good luck! :flowers:

Avey

May 12, 2011
I understand how you feel. I just got back from France a couple of weeks ago, and when my husband told me we were going the first thing I thought was, "oh good, no cloth tags there!" If you can't find a bag you want without the new tag I suggest saving your money to buy bags on your trip. LV is a good bit cheaper there than in the US, plus you get the VAT tax refund.

IN LVOE

Oct 24, 2011
it's just a TAG!!!!! inside of the bag!!! no one see's it ;). I know you see it.... but i would not let that stop me from getting lv!!! the bag is the same... it's like people that get a face lift!:graucho:! they are still the same person.... they just look a bit different :lol::lol:

peachylv

O.G.
Apr 15, 2011
it's just a TAG!!!!! inside of the bag!!! no one see's it ;). I know you see it.... but i would not let that stop me from getting lv!!! the bag is the same... it's like people that get a face lift!:graucho:! they are still the same person.... they just look a bit different :lol::lol:

I agree with you. I could personally care less about the interior tag. I just saw that it was important to OP. If she doesn't get one without the cloth tag, she won't be happy.