I saw the Hopewell

lmkhlh2006

O.G.
Jun 26, 2007
I finally saw the hopewell in person today and was able to try it on and the straps are a bit longer than the ones on the mandeville but it was still an armpit bag on me. I'm not sure if other people will have better luck with it but it definitely wouldn't work as a shoulder bag for me. My dh noticed when I had it on my shoulder that there is a zipper that goes around the sides and the bottom of the bag allowing the bag to expand.

hopewell-1.jpg

^ lol. I totally didn't see that coming! It doesn't even look like an armpit bag... booo!

So sorry knaz! I know you've been wanting this bag real bad too.

The gusset zip is a great detail, glad they kept it for the production on these, but I'm sad to hear the Hopewell isn't a true shoulderbag... meh

Well I haven't been skin and bones since my early 20's so I guess I'll take it out of my avatar. :sad: That's a deal breaker for me. If I didn't mind it being hand-carry I would've gotten a St. Thomas a long time ago. :nogood:

knaz...don't give up hope yet. I tried the bag on again today and it fit over my shoulder easily..yes, straps are def not as long as a Rowington but it goes over easily..just maybe not in the winter time with a thick heavy coat.

I had a navy top on today and d*mn...the bag look so nice together !!