I saw a new bag at Macy's today.

sweetmelissa

But it was on sale!
Mar 9, 2007
Just thought I'd let everyone know. I don't think it's been posted before but if I missed it, so sorry!!

Anyway, it was in the tonal signature fabric in the brown/tan combo. It was shaped sort of like a Daphne iirc...sorry, I'm going on total memory here! So sort of Daphne shaped except the pockets in front had buckles instead of turnlocks. The trim was brown leather in a chocolate shade I believe and the handle was braided. It's probably a dept. store exclusive. I just wanted to say that although the style isn't really for me, the tonal design didn't look too bad because it wasn't all off center...I think. :s

I'm sorry I can't do better than that. I went from Macy's to Coach and picked up my beauteous navy pleated ergo satchel and I was so awestruck that everything else just flew out of my head. So yeah, I love the satchel...soooo glad I ordered it! :yahoo: The SA told me that my store isn't even getting any of the patent ones because the inventory was so low on them. She did show me the leather ones though and wow, I adore the burnt orange! I may need to scope ebay for one of these later because there is no way I can justify another bag for a while but I am in love with the color. I think she also said that there would be totes in this color? I could be wrong though.

LOL... did you lose your mind when you saw your navy satchel?????

DId you drool in public?

I did lose my mind! There is a good chance that I did drool...I was wondering where that puddle came from! :graucho: The color is soooo much prettier than I expected. It didn't help matters when the SA brought out the leather ones for me to see either. That burnt orange is tdf! The only reason I'm keeping the patent instead of getting that color is because I bought the patent specifically to use when taking my son to the park and on day trips, etc.

Where are the pics of the satchel?!?!?! lol

Pics will come but not anytime soon. I have only a couple more weeks of school and I'm buried in papers and projects and finals. :sweatdrop: This is why I'm up and drinking coffee at 12:45 a.m. Sigh...why must our professors try to kill us in the process of educating us? Anyway...look for pics in about a week and a half, lol. I'll probably have bought something else by then!

I did lose my mind! There is a good chance that I did drool...I was wondering where that puddle came from! :graucho: The color is soooo much prettier than I expected. It didn't help matters when the SA brought out the leather ones for me to see either. That burnt orange is tdf! The only reason I'm keeping the patent instead of getting that color is because I bought the patent specifically to use when taking my son to the park and on day trips, etc.

Pics will come but not anytime soon. I have only a couple more weeks of school and I'm buried in papers and projects and finals. :sweatdrop: This is why I'm up and drinking coffee at 12:45 a.m. Sigh...why must our professors try to kill us in the process of educating us? Anyway...look for pics in about a week and a half, lol. I'll probably have bought something else by then!

For all professors I apologize, it isn't fun grading the papers either :smile:

CONGRATS! I was not able to see the navy IRL because it hadn't reached the store yet...bummer!

I just bought the burnt orange on Sat. How does the patent compare to the leather version? I'm not liking the wrinkling. IMO the leather is not as nice to me as the Legacy and Bleecker leathers, and the leather also seems very variable too from bag to bag and color to color. Natural was the worst one I saw. The thing I don't like is the bag I bought was really squashed from too little packing materials. I guess it may get worse too when I start using it, so I'm not sure this is for me. I think the Bleecker tote might be more me!