I saw 2 gorgeous Kelly at the Hermes but I want a Birkin..Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
happy1 said:
If nothing gets you going, this should...

I read in Time recently, it said that trendy bags don't hold value...with the exception of the Hermes Kelly and Birkin...if kept in good condition...the resale value is as high as the original purchase price.

I read a similar article today in Wall Street Journal Europe. I think it's great :biggrin:

My friend who is also interested in a Kelly or Birkin, will bring the newspaper to her boyfriend today to show him that it's an investment. She would like to buy the bag as a personal present to herself ... but her boyfriend is telling her that she's nuts to spend so much on a bag.

happy1 said:
If nothing gets you going, this should...

I read in Time recently, it said that trendy bags don't hold value...with the exception of the Hermes Kelly and Birkin...if kept in good condition...the resale value is as high as the original purchase price.

Keep on coming!!! I am getting hot!:love:

La Vanguardia said:
I read a similar article today in Wall Street Journal Europe. I think it's great :biggrin:

My friend who is also interested in a Kelly or Birkin, will bring the newspaper to her boyfriend today to show him that it's an investment. She would like to buy the bag as a personal present to herself ... but her boyfriend is telling her that she's nuts to spend so much on a bag.[/quote

Can I see that article on line? Woohoo maybe I'll let my DH read it for another justification to this purchase! :biggrin:

:lol: I am afraid my husband is going to say the same thing too..that's I am a :nuts: to spend that much for a bag.

Your husband probably will...my husband use to think that way too, but he knows I research everything and that I do not waste any money. I also save whever I can....He knows that I may purchase a luxury item and as long as it wouldn't kill us finacially he trusts me.

Not to get too personal, but do you have the extra $ for it?

Maybe you could say it is for Mothers Day, Easter, your birthday, and Christmas all wrapped into one for 2006. He may then see how much you really want it and that is all you want.

Sweetea said:
I called Hermes and my SA is sick today so he is at home:sad: . But I talked to someone in there and she said she will tell my SA to hold the bag for me when he comes back tomorrow. Keep my fingers crossed and I will talk to my hubby tonight and I am curious what he is going to say..:nuts: . The thing is..I am planning a surprise party for his 50th B'day on Sunday so I am kind of feel guilty to ask him now since I should be thinking about his B'day present! not me! the timing is a little off if I have to ask him:lol: .

My hubby gets just as excited about a new bag for me as I am...so I'm sure your hubby will be happy for you or seeing you happy.

Kellybag said:
Your husband probably will...my husband use to think that way too, but he knows I research everything and that I do not waste any money. I also save whever I can....He knows that I may purchase a luxury item and as long as it wouldn't kill us finacially he trusts me.

Not to get too personal, but do you have the extra $ for it?

Maybe you could say it is for Mothers Day, Easter, your birthday, and Christmas all wrapped into one for 2006. He may then see how much you really want it and that is all you want.

For me it was actually quite funny. My husband makes fun of me because at first I said that Hermes bags are so expensive and that I will never buy them! Then, I changed my mind. After I bought my Kelly he kept laughing because I bought it and also ordered the Birkin.

We both trust each other with our purchases and as long as it's within our means, it's ok. Also, we both work so I don't need to justify my purchases... we say, "responsible spending". :biggrin:

happy1 said:
My hubby gets just as excited about a new bag for me as I am...so I'm sure your hubby will be happy for you or seeing you happy.

This is also so true for me. My husband is always happy when he sees me happy. He also compliments me a lot! About my Kelly, he also said how nice it is that the leather is gorgeous, and it looks good on me ... though he prefers the style of my Balenciaga bags :biggrin:

We both trust each other with our purchases and as long as it's within our means, it's ok. Also, we both work so I don't need to justify my purchases... we say, "responsible spending". :biggrin:[/QUOTE]

Funny thing is after I caught the Hermes bug, my husband was actually happy to see that I'm becoming more selective instead of buying a bunch of what he calls "in the moment" bag. He HATES the b-bag I recently bought.

I ditto all the above comments...I feel the husbands do trust and realize how wonderful Hermes is (because you can just really see it) and how much happiness it does bring. If they don't know this all at first the eventually see it.

Greentea you are so smart...your daughters are so fortunate. I have only one daughter so she will get all my gems and jewels and my Hermes(s)...and all my other little goodies. It makes me feel really great about what I buy to know she will one day have them to cherish.

Greentea,

I don't know if you are totally set on the black kelly, but if I were you, I'd take the gold. When I purchased my kelly, I had a choice of the black or gold and I took the gold.
I've had my bag for about 9 years now and I still love it!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.