I saw 2 gorgeous Kelly at the Hermes but I want a Birkin..Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kellybag said:
Sweetea...I bought mine over 10 years ago. Honestly, I am not sure how long, but it is over 10. It is Black with gold HW, 28 cm, and box if I am not mistaken. It is rigid and has NEVER lost shape from the day I walked out of Hermes on Worth Avenue. (Can you tell it seems like yesterday!!!) It looks brand spanking new.

Years back I wore it with a more classic and dressier wardrobe, but then I did not need to dress as much and I became more jeans, long walking shorts, sundresses etc. My lifestyle changed. I am one of those people that think jeans are quite casual, but put on a solid color t-shirt, nice accessories and that Kelly and you have completely upgraded yourself.

My Kelly is smaller than yours and it is still a nice size. Yours will probably be nicer because it will work more as a day bag if you need to stuff extra in there. You will LOVE IT!!!! I receive countless praises from it...mostly I feel because people I knew never really had an idea what it was worth. COMPLIMENT RIGHT THERE....obviously it looked so good that it caught their eye and they praised it.

Get it!!!!! Then, enjoy it and start saving for the Birkin right away. You will have time to think about what you really want for the Birkin and get it in palladium like I will do. Also, you are building a nice relationship with the SA for what is ahead.

I really lean toward black...gold is lovely, but I say black will take you through many more situations dresswise and timewise in your life. THAT IS WHY IT IS SO CLASSIC AND THE MOST PERFECT KELLY CHOICE!!! It is waiting for you too.

Also, if you like gold think about that for the Birkin...do what I am doing...will then use my Birkin for day and move your Kelly for dressier times and evening.

I could go on, but I think I said it all. If you need me I am here.

Kellybag, thank you so much for your input! Ohh you make me want to call the SA at Hermes and told him to wait for me to get it..uuhhg now I need to talk to my hubby first, or should I?? :lol: :lol: :evil: . I usually tell him when the bag is at home..LOL.

I think if I decide to get Kelly, the black that's the one. Keep my fingers cross, I am thinking about it today and should be able to make a decision by the end of the day..then I will call the SA to hold the bag for me. hopefully.

gigi leung said:
Oh Sweetea!!! If I were you I'd grab both!!! :lol: but as a matter of fact I did just get a 32cm Gold Kelly! :smile:

Get the black chevre for your first Kelly! This is one bag that you will love for years to come and it will be a family keepsake...an heirloom :amuse:

p.s. Forget the python BV. Get the Kelly! :P

LOL, thanks gigi..:lol: def can't get both..my husband will have a heart attack :sad: . I love that family "heirloom" reasoning..my lucky two daughters when I am gone.

Koga said:
Hi Sweetea!

As you are not 100% sure about getting a Kelly I would wait for a Birkin instead. As you travel a lot I think you will be able to find one in Europe. Keep my fingers crossed for you:nuts:

Hi Koga! Thanks for your advice. :idea: I know... :smile:

Well, Sweetea. Maybe you can still get that python as well!

The black Kelly -- I think if I saw it (so wish I lived near a Hermes), I'd just get it. It sounds beautiful.

Kellybag, actually I really want a rigide 28 inch, it sounds like I want your bag! I'm 5'4, roughly and about 102 pounds-ish (short and skinny). Do you think the 28 is right for me?

Melisande...I am 5'1" maybe a tiny taller and when I bought mine I was like 105 lbs. I had an athletic build like a gymnast. The 28 inch was perfect for me. It wasn't like I was buying too big of a bag for my size. I sort of feel the cut/shape of this bag does make it visually appear larger than it is anyway. I am now much older and have put on weight after over a decade and three kids. I still think the bag looks perfectly fine for my height and size. (I now weigh 115-120)

My only advice to you and only you can decide this...do you carry alot of things in your bag daily? I don't. My Kelly can fit the following without problem...maybe this will help you a bit...7"x4" double coin purse/wallet (real vintage LV piece) or a french wallet which is square, car keys/house keys, 4"x3" leather credit card holder w/cards and other info, cell phone, my leather agenda, few select pieces of makeup, tiny coach leather case that holds aspirin etc., Ipod nano if I carry it, and a tin of mints. That is if I carry all that I need. It holds all that, but I will tell you I am neat and organzed. If you are not or if you carry lots of stuff maybe upgrade to the next size for a bit more space.

Big advice...even bring all the stuff you carry to Hermes and stick it in the bag...they will let you and be the judge. I just never wanted to have my Kelly jammed...I don't like that.

You are perfect for the 28 cm in height and weight...it is an amazing bag and you will love it...just mentally decide if the size is perfect for what you truly carry.

Oh, do you stuff lots of papers and things in your bag? Some friends do that I know and it takes space...remember that.

Sweetea - You'll love the Kelly! Also, Kellybag is correct, if you have 2 daughters, you need two bags LOL.

Plus, you donot need to buy the Birkin right now, you can wait a couple of years. Put your name on the list and then in a year's time or 2, it will be there :smile:

melisande said:
Well, Sweetea. Maybe you can still get that python as well!

The black Kelly -- I think if I saw it (so wish I lived near a Hermes), I'd just get it. It sounds beautiful.

Kellybag, actually I really want a rigide 28 inch, it sounds like I want your bag! I'm 5'4, roughly and about 102 pounds-ish (short and skinny). Do you think the 28 is right for me?

I'm 4'11" and 100 punds. I have a 32 cm Kelly in rigid and it doesn't look big at all. I tried on a souple Kelly but for some reason, it looked bigger on me compared to the rigid.

32 cm can also accomodate so much stuff. I normally just have a wallet, cell phone, agenda, make up kit, keys, and foldable umbrella (it rains a lot where I live). But there is still a lot of room left for a small digital camera and other small stuff!

I'd get the black rigide Kelly. Beats any other bag by any other designer by a longshot. The black Kelly is classic and can be worn with suits or jeans, a tee and flats. It's so chic and the epitome of an elegant, feminine bag. It's a true classic!
Your Birkin will come later.

If nothing gets you going, this should...

I read in Time recently, it said that trendy bags don't hold value...with the exception of the Hermes Kelly and Birkin...if kept in good condition...the resale value is as high as the original purchase price.

I called Hermes and my SA is sick today so he is at home:sad: . But I talked to someone in there and she said she will tell my SA to hold the bag for me when he comes back tomorrow. Keep my fingers crossed and I will talk to my hubby tonight and I am curious what he is going to say..:nuts: . The thing is..I am planning a surprise party for his 50th B'day on Sunday so I am kind of feel guilty to ask him now since I should be thinking about his B'day present! not me! the timing is a little off if I have to ask him:lol: .

Status
Not open for further replies.