I said goodbye to my baby and drowned my sorrows in RM bags... *vent alert*

aka*kirara

more more MORE!
Aug 7, 2007
So~ i sold my car. :crybaby:

2164796076_fcaccb8d10_o.jpg

i LOVED my car very dearly~ she was my pride and joy~ not to mention that she was my dream car from ever since i can remember~ i've always had a thing for bugs~ and when i finally got her~ i was over.the.moon.

but ever since i changed jobs and no longer drive to work~ she doesn't get driven as much as she should~ probably once a week if shes lucky~ so i thought it was only logical that i sold her~
and her new owner picked her up last night~
i was completely devastated! see her being driven away.... it still brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it :crybaby: i keep thinking that i made the wrong move... but my boyfriend assures me that it was the right move as i would be better off financially... he is probably right but still...

so during the course of last week in order to make myself feel better (knowing that i might never see my baby again)... i went RM shopping.

i bought a deep purple steady, a stone/tangerine steady, and preordered a wine nikki~ not to mention that there was already an ocean/gold bottomed MAB on its way...

but whats so bad about this whole thing is~ after all this shopping~ i'm still feeling down and quite upset... :sad: did i make a wrong decision in selling... i just needed to vent and a great big hug.

Your car is such a beauty...I'm sure she will miss you to. My sister just sold her bug convertible and bought a motorcycle instead. SHE IS CRAZY. Please don't buy a motorcycle PLEASE...they are so dangerous. Anyway, when I was a kid, my dad used to drive me to school in a VW bug. When we sold the car I was heartbroken because I had such dear sweet memories of just driving with my dad. As my shrink hubby always says to try to get me out of my shopping zombie mode....just feel your loss, really sit with it, because after you shop to avoid your grief, you got a bunch of new stuff that doesn't really help you miss you car any less. I never listen to him although I know he is right.

Here is my opinion about cars.. I am obsessed with cars as much I am with handbags. The only difference is, obviously, I can't change or get new cars as often as i can with handbags. I put a lot of $$ into my car ($414 a month lease for my audi a4) only because I drive A LOT and can really enjoy her when I am driving. But if I dont drive much, I really dont see why I would spend the $$ and park my car in my driveway.. So I think you MAKE THE RIGHT DECISION!!!

Now the bright side is you bought quite a few new bags and will really enjoy them when you are carrying them around..

P.S. Here is a mini nikki in seafoam.. hope you feel better
http://cgi.ebay.com/NWT-Stunning-Re...39:1|66:2|65:12|240:1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

thanks ladies~

Crazy4Handbags~ i hope so... thank you

haute okole~ that made me laugh~ your sister is a funny one! i promise i'll never buy a motorcycle!
i guess i need to do that~ sit down and "feel"~ ... feel the hurt

ivy~ make that two of us~ my whole family is obssessed with cars~
i paid $600 a month for mine~ when i got to drive it everyday at my old job it was great~ and then after it sat in the garage for the past month i thought i'd better come back to reality and sell it~ what was i thinking... i can be so logical sometimes~

Thanks for the lead~ i'm keeping my eye on that bag~~~ (but really, should i be buying anymore bags?!)

one of my bags were waiting for me when i got home~~

Stone and Tangerine Steady~ somehow, i'm not warming up to it at all~ the colour is ok~ maybe its the stiff leather~ maybe i should give it another week...

2777086249_def71e4126.jpg

2777943404_1be13d3a80.jpg

aka*kirara, don't worry about it. I'm sure that when its time for you to get a car again you will be able to find another Beetle without a problem.

I however, think you are lucky. As much as I love my cars I would LOVE to get rid of them even more!! I hate paying insurance and making those car payments, I wish walking everywhere was an option.

aka*kirara~

I agree with stillsearching. I think you are fortunate to not need a car right now. Think of all that $ you are saving by not paying for insurance and car payments. :yes: It's disheartening when you already had your dream car but who's to say you can't get another one...later?

I believe you made the right decision. Hope you feel better about it soon. :hugs:

aka*kirara~

I agree with stillsearching. I think you are fortunate to not need a car right now. Think of all that $ you are saving by not paying for insurance and car payments. :yes: It's disheartening when you already had your dream car but who's to say you can't get another one...later?

I believe you made the right decision. Hope you feel better about it soon. :hugs:

ITA^ You made a very smart decision and think if all the $$ you will save. I'm sure all those hot new RM bags will make walking that much more fun since you will be turning heads everywhere you go:heart:.

aka*kirara~

I agree with luxemommy... it stinks! that you're giving up your dream car, but it will pay off in the long run (literally!) and you'll be able to get your dream car again, when you'll use it. /hug!

OMG AKA- when i read this thread title- I first thought you sold off your sage stamp MA!! I know that is one of your baby's too ;)

I agree with luxemommy! I WISH i didn't need a car right now! Gas, pmts, and insurance are KILLING me!

you did the right thing and are so fortunate to have the opportunity to get rid of your car! not only is it good for your pocketbook, it's good for the environment.

i took a moment to add up these estimated monthly costs to own your vw bug:

$600 car payment
$250 garage at home
$250 garage at work
$100 insurance
$200 gas
$50 tolls

$1450/month = $17,400/year.

and that's not even calculating depreciation costs which vw's are notoriously poor.

once your grief subsides at the loss of your car, you'll realize the money saved provides you with the freedom and flexibility to pick up other hobbies besides cars.

just think of how freeing up that money can go towards the purchase of a whole fleet of new rm special orders. :P

realistically, i'd stay away from shopping until your grief subsides. a little indulgence is deserved, but too much will likely be regrettable.

aww... at least you and your dream car have had good times :hugs:
I think you've made a good long term financial and environmental decision. It's obviously been tough so give yourself some time to recover. You'll recover soon and one day, when you do need a car, the beetle may come back into your life.