I reversed the sagging of my GST!

Jan 30, 2014
Thanks to the brilliant tip given by the always helpful Calflu, my GST Savior, :heart: her!, ... I reversed the sagging of my GST! I did it by ironing the corners! I placed a 100% cotton pillow case in between the iron and the GST.

The first pic is the BEFORE pic of the left bottom corner of my GST with the sag and deep creases. This photo was taken with my GST lying down on its front, so u can imagine how much worse the creases and sag would be if it was standing upright.

The second pic is the AFTER pic of my GST standing upright with my stuff inside! My GST sags NO MORE! You can still see some crease lines on the left bottom corner of my GST but IRL the lines r just visual and they are actually flattened, unlike previously where they are folds/creases. The right bottom corner only had very slight creases and sag, so they got totally eliminated after the ironing.

Big thanks to Calflu! :heart: :heart: :heart:

Attachments

Reactions: Monaliceke

helenhandbag

May 17, 2014
Great result! I also wonder how this would work on other bags, and if there are any ways to stiffen leather that has become soft and droopy? Do you or has anyone ever encountered something like that? I mean, the leather was soft to begin with so someone at some point 'made' the shape.

Makes me want to try a GST again :smile:

Oct 28, 2011
Wow this is amazing! I wonder if it works for other bags with sagging corners as well? Hmm...

*Subscribing for future reference* ;)