I returned this Gerard Darel bag, but I took pics first!

zeitgeist4

I live for bags.
Jun 12, 2006
I thought this Gerard Darel 24 Heures in grey metallic would be dark like in the stock picture, but it turned out to be a really light silver. Thought I would share pics in case anyone else is considering one!

Stock picture:
d_923.jpg

This is the closest picture to the true color, compared to my black MbyMJ bag. Sorry it's blurry. :shame:

DSC03753.jpg

Outside, direct sunlight:
DSC03751.jpg

Outside in the shade:
DSC03752.jpg

Wow, that's not even close to the true color. I love the 24 heures bag, but I agree with you on the color, and I would have returned it also.

I love the color, although it varied greatly from the stock photo.

How long did it take for you to receive it from Delcina? How is the leather?

I ordered it on a Friday at noon and I received it the Tuesday after, but I live in the same state so it was quick (FedEx ground).

The leather was fine, nothing bad, but I wasn't blown away either. I remember in the past feeling a GD bag that was very soft and smooshy, so I don't know if it wasn't as smooshy because it's metallic, or just different leather.

One thing that kind of bugged me though was the buckles that hold the straps onto the bag-- they sort of made a jingle bell noise. Maybe it wouldn't make noise if the bag was full?

I ordered it on a Friday at noon and I received it the Tuesday after, but I live in the same state so it was quick (FedEx ground).

The leather was fine, nothing bad, but I wasn't blown away either. I remember in the past feeling a GD bag that was very soft and smooshy, so I don't know if it wasn't as smooshy because it's metallic, or just different leather.

One thing that kind of bugged me though was the buckles that hold the straps onto the bag-- they sort of made a jingle bell noise. Maybe it wouldn't make noise if the bag was full?

Ah yes, the jingle. Mine makes the same noise but I barely notice it when I'm out and about.

Thanks for your answers! :tup: