I returned this Gerard Darel bag, but I took pics first!

zeitgeist4

I live for bags.
Jun 12, 2006
SF Bay Area
I thought this Gerard Darel 24 Heures in grey metallic would be dark like in the stock picture, but it turned out to be a really light silver. Thought I would share pics in case anyone else is considering one!

Stock picture:

This is the closest picture to the true color, compared to my black MbyMJ bag. Sorry it's blurry. :shame:

Outside, direct sunlight:

Outside in the shade:

Munchkin1206

I need it.
Aug 16, 2007
Beautiful bag. Too bad it's not more of a deeper gray like the stock photo! Still a gorgeous bag, though

cooper1

wag more, bark less
O.G.
Aug 11, 2007
The Dirty South
Wow, that's not even close to the true color. I love the 24 heures bag, but I agree with you on the color, and I would have returned it also.

zeitgeist4

I live for bags.
Jun 12, 2006
SF Bay Area
I love the color, although it varied greatly from the stock photo.

How long did it take for you to receive it from Delcina? How is the leather?
I ordered it on a Friday at noon and I received it the Tuesday after, but I live in the same state so it was quick (FedEx ground).

The leather was fine, nothing bad, but I wasn't blown away either. I remember in the past feeling a GD bag that was very soft and smooshy, so I don't know if it wasn't as smooshy because it's metallic, or just different leather.

One thing that kind of bugged me though was the buckles that hold the straps onto the bag-- they sort of made a jingle bell noise. Maybe it wouldn't make noise if the bag was full?

guccidiva

Feb 10, 2007
it's a nice bag, I think it really looks best in patent crinkled leather or snakeskin though

JudieH

Mar 14, 2007
Making my dreams come true
I ordered it on a Friday at noon and I received it the Tuesday after, but I live in the same state so it was quick (FedEx ground).

The leather was fine, nothing bad, but I wasn't blown away either. I remember in the past feeling a GD bag that was very soft and smooshy, so I don't know if it wasn't as smooshy because it's metallic, or just different leather.

One thing that kind of bugged me though was the buckles that hold the straps onto the bag-- they sort of made a jingle bell noise. Maybe it wouldn't make noise if the bag was full?
Ah yes, the jingle. Mine makes the same noise but I barely notice it when I'm out and about.

Thanks for your answers! :tup:

maedchen

O.G.
Nov 24, 2006
Wow, the color is completely different. I would've been so annoyed to get something so misrepresented.