I remember Black Friday last year when I worked for Coach...

None of the things you see currently in boutiques will be available in the coach outlets, that simply isn't true - maybe in 3 or 4 season the surpluss will but nothing now.

Did anyone venture out? If I even go to the outlets, I go when they have their F&F sale, it's always better than Black Friday.

Like Didn't Mean To said, I wasn't talking about the outlets... but the military exchanges. They get everything from JAX, and they are discounted pretty well for us military folk (so much so that I never needed to use my PCE cards).

I did go to the outlet this year, and got a whole bunch of awesome stuff. I was second in line at 10 pm so it wasn't bad at all. I just went in, got the stuff I wanted, paid, then dealt with the "madness" at the other stores.

Hi

What is Black FridaY? I am English & have not heard of it.

Please explain.

Thank you

Black Friday is the Friday after Thanksgiving here in the States. Thanksgiving is always the 4th Thursday in November and many people get Thursday & Friday off work. Thursday most people get together with family and eat too much. Friday, all the insane people go shopping. ;) I tried to go shopping this morning but there is a limit to how much craziness I will put up with. I got to one department store less than 1/2 hour after it opened. The line for the checkout was all the way around the inside of the store. I stood in line for 20 minutes and only moved 6 feet. At that rate it would have taken 4-5 hours to make it to the front of the store to pay for my one item. I said forget it. Put the item down and went home and went back to bed.

Oh, and the reason they call it Black Friday is because many retailers are in the red for most of the year and make so much money on this Friday that they are making a profit and are back in the black. Or at least this is what I have been told.

Oh, and the reason they call it Black Friday is because many retailers are in the red for most of the year and make so much money on this Friday that they are making a profit and are back in the black. Or at least this is what I have been told.

wrong. its "black friday" because it is pure evil. :Push:
totally serious.