I remember Black Friday last year when I worked for Coach...

...(I used to work for MSS, a Coach vendor in a military exchange) women were mobbing and shoving trying to get to purses, and some ladies took purses out of other women's shopping carts, etc. I had to leave every 30 min to walk around the huge store looking for purses that women had hidden inside of displays, mannequins, inside of clothing racks, etc. For the week before Thanksgiving, women were grabbing purses and hiding them everywhere they could. The funniest one was where they hid 3 bags, a wallet, and a couple of wristlets under a huge dress in the Maternity section.

Even after all that madness, I'm still so excited about being able to be one of those crazy shoppers this year!

hiding things in an exchange is illegal. :P.

At the outlet mall nearest here last year they had people waiting since 8 pm for a midnight opening. Cars were backed up 3 miles down the interstate, and some insane people just left their cars PARKED on the interstate and walked up because traffic wasn't moving at all. There were 75,000 people at that mall that night.

Of course, I know this only because I heard it on the news! I'd NEVER go out at midnight to start Black Friday! My dh and I may go out for lunch and do some leisurely shopping in the late morning and afternoon, but there just aren't any deals I am willing to fight and push and shove to get.

At the outlet mall nearest here last year they had people waiting since 8 pm for a midnight opening. Cars were backed up 3 miles down the interstate, and some insane people just left their cars PARKED on the interstate and walked up because traffic wasn't moving at all. There were 75,000 people at that mall that night.

Of course, I know this only because I heard it on the news! I'd NEVER go out at midnight to start Black Friday! My dh and I may go out for lunch and do some leisurely shopping in the late morning and afternoon, but there just aren't any deals I am willing to fight and push and shove to get.

Wow. :wtf:

...(I used to work for MSS, a Coach vendor in a military exchange) women were mobbing and shoving trying to get to purses, and some ladies took purses out of other women's shopping carts, etc. I had to leave every 30 min to walk around the huge store looking for purses that women had hidden inside of displays, mannequins, inside of clothing racks, etc. For the week before Thanksgiving, women were grabbing purses and hiding them everywhere they could. The funniest one was where they hid 3 bags, a wallet, and a couple of wristlets under a huge dress in the Maternity section.

Even after all that madness, I'm still so excited about being able to be one of those crazy shoppers this year!

The madness!

Funny story! :roflmfao:

Wow, what outlet was this?

The deals are pretty good. Everything is current season, the same stuff you see in the boutiques, and the echange price is about 20%-30% off already, then you get an additional 20% off on Black Friday (on sale/clearance stuff too).

None of the things you see currently in boutiques will be available in the coach outlets, that simply isn't true - maybe in 3 or 4 season the surpluss will but nothing now.

Did anyone venture out? If I even go to the outlets, I go when they have their F&F sale, it's always better than Black Friday.

I actually saw a few things on sale today. I believe the suede boots with the knit type colorful leg cuff was $150 - I can't remember the name of the boot and I don't see it on the website.