I received one of my bbags

Sep 2, 2006
I recieved one of my bbags yesterday! I am still very clueless on styles, colors etc. It is a beauty, but way smaller than I imagined. I guess I couldn't visualize the dimensions.

eBay: ICONIC BALENCIAGA CLASSIC WHITE FIRST/LE DIX BAG NWT (item 220048044528 end time Nov-20-06 17:30:00 PST)

A couple of questions......

What does a motorcycle le dix mean? It also has the different styles such as first, twiggy, day etc.

Do you carry it with the shoulder strap and let the handles hang down? Or do you not use the shoulder strap?

I notice a lot of designer purses being sold right now are white. I'm guessing it's ok to wear white after Labor Day. I thought that was a fashion rule set in stone.

Any advice on how to wear my new bag would be appreciated!!

I should be getting my Pistashio Twiggy next week. I believe that one would be bigger.

I'm the one that bid on a purse and forgot I was bidding on another and won both.

Thanks!

Laurel

well congrats on your bags! For a first time Bbagger you ended up with 2 really nice ones! Yes the First is small, I had an Ink one and I ended up selling it because it was too small for me. I used it for a few days and it just didnt work out. But many girls are First fans all the way, so give it a chance. As far as the straps, carry it how you wish, I dont use my shoulder straps much on my City except if I'm loaded down with other stuff I'm carrying. I actually just took the shoulder strap off my City bag. The old white rule is just that, old. I live in So Cal where people wear what they want. Being a New Yorker I kinda stick to the white thing after labor day, somewhat. Carry and wear what YOU like. It doesnt matter what others think (theyre gonna be jealous anyway!) its what makes YOU happy. My next bag will be a Twiggy. I love them and cant wait to get one. You will notice a big difference in size on both. But try out your First. Sometimes I wish I kept mine to use as a weekend running around bag for my wallet and cell and keys. Congrats on your new babies!

first of all, congratulations!!!

What does a motorcycle le dix mean? It also has the different styles such as first, twiggy, day etc.
motorcycles is the main name of the styles you see in the first, etc.
btw, have u seen this site ?
atelier.naff

Do you carry it with the shoulder strap and let the handles hang down? Or do you not use the shoulder strap?
i always put the shoulder strap on the bag, sometimes i carry with the handles, sometimes with the strap, whichever style i wanted for the time.

I notice a lot of designer purses being sold right now are white. I'm guessing it's ok to wear white after Labor Day. I thought that was a fashion rule set in stone.
i really don't care if it's ok to wear certain color or certain style because it's not "in", i wear and buy what i like :yes:

Any advice on how to wear my new bag would be appreciated!!
wear it with pride!

and congrats too on your pistachio twiggy it's a lovely bag. i used to have one but decided i'm not a twiggy girl. but it sure is bigger than the first :P

:yahoo:
Congratulations on your purchases! I only purchased my first bal-bag a few months ago and I am waiting for my fourth bag to arrive next week. Actually my 5th, but I sold one. Watch out they are addicting! I have all 05's, as that season has my favorite leather and colors. I have two City's, a Bubblegum Pink, and Teal (which is the one I am waiting for), a Magenta Box, and a Turq Twiggy. The Twiggy I just got and although the color, the leather, and the brand new condition is TDF, I do not like the Twiggy style. I fine the long shape of it funky looking. But I have been given some great advice that the long shape will diminish as the leather gets softer. I love the City for a bigger bag (which is big but not too big), and the Box for a smaller bag (which is small but not too small). I have a picture here so you can see the bags dimensions sitting together. Also check out the below link, this site has everything you need to know about Balenciaga bags, including dimensions of all the bags. Welcome to the Balenciaga Cult!!!

atelier.naff

img4801ii7.jpg
[/IMG]

I remember when I received my very first BBag, which is a 05 bordeaux classic, I was kinda disappointed on how small it was ( I had never even seen a balenciaga bag in real life!) but you will be amazed at how much it will hold. I use it mainly on the weekends and can fit a wallet, make-up bag, keys, cell, and still have some room left over. I did just purchase a City, mainly because I want something I can carry during the week when it seems like you need to carry more stuff. So I think it's perfect that you have 2 different sized bags.

Hey Laurel. Big congrats on your first Bbag! You got a very good deal on that!!! :yes: My first bbag was also a first, same size as yours. I too was very surprised by how small it was compared to what I was expecting. But like others have said, I'm also surprised by how much room it has nevertheless.

I carry my first by the shoulder strap, and sometimes by the handles.

I have a white city and have been wearing it this fall and will continue to into winter. No worries about the rules against wearing white.