I received my pewter crash Hold Me today!

mariabdc

Runner
O.G.
Sep 11, 2007
I got my pewter crash HM today... well, i went to the PO in order to collect it and speed things up:wlae:....

I have mixed feelings about this bag:confused1:... the shape is nice but i am not sure about the metallic colour :shrugs:. It is my first non-neutral designer bag ever...

It was better in the morning with sunlight:tup:, but now it has turned into very blingy silver which i am not very happy with:nogood:.

On a more positive note, i am confident the leather will just melt in a few weeks... it is already soft...:yes:

Will post pics soon...

Can't wait to see pictures Maria. Is this your first BE bag? Forgive me for not knowing. This summer has been busy on steroids so I've missed out on a lot of details here at tPF.
Congrats on your purchase!

Steroids?

It isnt my first... I have a choco SMM which i didnt like much at first but is one of my favourites at the moment...

I will go upstairs in a minute in order to try it with some outfits... though it is way past dinner/tea time here (11 PM) and i should get something to eat... The spinning session was particularly hard today!

By steroids, I mean VERY busy. Should be lazy days of summer and it hasn't worked out that way at all. School starts next Monday and I am so ready for that! Need the kids out of my hair.

I understand... I also prefer work and school to holidays... Being with the children all day is stressing and exhausting... i prefer to share them with their teachers, who also know how to bring the best out of them, in addition to instructing and inspiring them...

Mariabdc, you lucky thing - I haven't received mine yet, there seems to be some sort of postage problem which Ashley is investigating!

Sounds as if you're on the fence with it, and I'm feeling slightly nervous now!!

As you know I have a pewter Angel Purse which I love to death and it definitely changes it's appearance depending on the lighting.:yes: Sometimes it looks a bit flash and sometimes it looks fairly muted (greyish even!)

Maybe give it a few days and see how you feel? It's the same for me though, this will be the first 'metallic' bag that I will have and I'm a wee bit apprehensive!

Mariabdc, you lucky thing - I haven't received mine yet, there seems to be some sort of postage problem which Ashley is investigating!

Sounds as if you're on the fence with it, and I'm feeling slightly nervous now!!

As you know I have a pewter Angel Purse which I love to death and it definitely changes it's appearance depending on the lighting.:yes: Sometimes it looks a bit flash and sometimes it looks fairly muted (greyish even!)

Maybe give it a few days and see how you feel? It's the same for me though, this will be the first 'metallic' bag that I will have and I'm a wee bit apprehensive!

I had been waiting for your opinion... I just tried it on with some outfits and winter coats and it doesnt work... I will check again tomorrow in the morning... There's a no quibble return policy, right?

I'm so sorry mariabdc :sad:. After having given it another go tomorrow morning and if you find it's not for you, I'd contact Jackie or Ashley asap and return it. I'm sure it will be fine especially since it's currently in stock.

It's too bad and such a shame after all this waiting :hugs:. I'll be upset if I don't take to it ...:crybaby:

i think from what i have seen of the pewter, it's a wonderful colour but one that can switch. in some photos it looks really silver to me, in others the brown/taupe undertones come out. it's a bit like the grey bags - i would need to see one IRL to truly work out what i think.

one of the most interesting pics of it is on the photos only thread - the one off love me with the gold hardware. that photo really shows how it picks up the colour of the hardware and how pewter must reflect what you are wearing.

i would look at in the daylight tomorrow maria and see what you think. as you probably know i love coloured bags, perhaps if you really fancy a hold me you could get a coloured one instead? if you phone red direct they still have the green bag in stock and as this is a flatter, more neutral colour it might be better for you??? i got the mustard which is much brighter but the colour really suits the simplistic lines of the hold me.

i ordered a pewter angel purse so i am now really curious if I will like it.i'm sad for you it isn't love at first sight for your hold me, because we have all been waiting on tenterhooks for the autumn bags.but if it really doesn't work for you i definately think get a refund/exchange. we all work hard for our money and there is no point having something that you won't wear or love. let us know how it goes won't you? :hugs:

sorry to hear that maria. if it's not better in the morning you may just have to trade your new pewter hm for another be smm or bal day bag. :P

i'm also of the sort that while i admire bling on others, i can't seem to pull it off. i'm absolutely adoring my be tan and gray matte leathers. those are classic and i'm not tired of them.

my baby steps to bling may include a crash leather, but pewter would be too big of a jump.

one good thing about fall being around the corner here in chicago is that i'm looking forward to breaking in my gray lm. :girlsigh:

post pics if convenient.

Maria,

I hope this works out for you. Sometimes a bag has to grow on you but sometimes it's just not 'you.' I'm sure you can return it if you contact BE right away. Maybe sleep on it for a day and then decide? I love how the pewter crash looks on others but I know I can't pull it off.

Good luck!

I agree with TM. Sleep on it and see how you feel tomorrow. I personally love the pewter....it's such an elegant metallic. I adore the CM I have in this color and I've always gotten compliments on how lovely and unique it looks.

Think about it...if it's not you, then get something else!

Maria, I am hoping that you decide you love your Pewter Crash. I think it is a verstile color -- can look both fancy and casual. Try it with jeans and a crisp white shirt. Then, try it with black slacks and black top. I think as the leather softens it will puddle and pool and be totally ALLURING!
That said...if you don't love it...you don't love it. I am contemplating a pewter crash bag very soon. I have a pewter crash angel purse and it has me sold!!!!