I received my pacific saskia and I am unhappy... advice needed please!!!!

ginaki

ginaki + bags = love
O.G.
Sep 12, 2010
Hello ladies!

Today I received a pacific saskia, I ordered from ebay. The listing said that the bag has been used a few times, and did not mention anything about signs of wear.

I have taken some pics and I would like your opinion... There are signs of wear at the corners, the leather is dry at some points and there is also discoloration...

Is there something I can do to treat her? I am so sad, I am thinking of contact the seller (even though she does not accept returns).

I have another mustard saskia, showing minimal signs of wear/discoloration at the corners, could I do something with her too (for example, could I treat her with apple leather conditioner)?

Please tell me your opinion, here are the photos

http://img571.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=0178e.jpg

Thank you!

Edit: Oh great! Now that I am looking at her again, a stud is missing!

Last edited:
yes, that bag looks a little worn
I think that the Saskia does rub (and it shows) a lot on the corners, I had one that showed a little wear on the corners just from being in the store. I was going to tell you that there is a Sharpie blue pen that matches and you can use very sparingly on tiny places, but the wear on your bag looks like more than spot repair.
good luck

Hmm, this is a tough one because the wear does show in the photos in the listing, but since it was described as being used less than 8 times you would expect less wear. Have you contacted the seller and expressed your concern? Perhaps the seller will accept a return, or a partial refund so you can take it to a leather repair place for a spa treatment.

I think the seller probably should have described the wear in her listing - "used less than 8 times" really isn't very descriptive of condition. But I do agree that you can see the wear to the corners in the seller's photos. As Kitty said, maybe ask for a small ($50?) partial refund to help with treating the bag?

Thanks KittyKat, I just sent an email to the seller, explaining my concerns. Let's see what she says.
Even the photos I took, don't show the real condition.... It is actually worse in real life...

Definitely not a bag that has been used less than 8 times!

It's the first time that something like that happens to me, I have bought used bags, but this one is really in a worse condition than described...

And the missing stud made thinks worse...

I don't know, maybe the pics of the auction show some signs of use, but they are definitely more obvious, also the handles are faded and dry... Shoudn't the seller refer to these defects to the listing?

IrisCole thank you for answering me.

I asked the seller if she would accept a return, let's see how it goes.

I agree that the photos of the listing show some signs of wear at the corners, but there are also serious signs of wear at the corners of the back side of the bag, not shown at the pictures, and also at other parts of the bag, not only at the bottom corners, again not shown...

The other thing is that I live in Greece, and I really don't know where to take the bag for a treatment. The only solution is to send it overseas, at one of the repair stores mentioned here (artbag, modern meather goods etc). It would be costly of course, as the bag needs treatment and replacement of the stud.

Absolutely! The seller should disclose all defects in the listing. It would make the difference between a sale and a return. That is not a bag that was used less than 8 times. No way.

Exactly my thought. Even I decided to send the bag for repair and do all these things to make it look better, the description is not accurate. I have used my mustard saskia (bought it also in used condition from ebay) more that 15 times already and it is still at the same condition as I bought it!

^I think the 2nd photo IS from a different bag. If you notice the photos in full size, that 2nd photo is the only one that is a different size than the rest.