I received my pacific saskia and I am unhappy... advice needed please!!!!

Oh OP, i do feel for you. I don't think it would be a SNAD based on the wear, it is evident to me in the listing photos, but if a stud is missing then THAT is a SNAD because it wasn't disclosed in the listing.
I sincerely hope that the seller attempts to reach an amicable resolution for you both.

Thank you all ladies!
I have news and also need your help again!
The seller answered me that she is sorry that my bag is not of my satisfaction. She reasured me that she has used the bag a handful of times and that she had bought it with a discount, which maybe was placed because the bag had these defects, but she as not noticed them. She also told me if I wanted a discount or a return.
I replied that I expected the bag to have less signs of wear and that it is difficult for me to repair it and I would like a return for a refund for the bag's price. So she agreed to return it! I will send the bag tomorrow and she will refund me as soon she gets bag from a trip, on Dec 16th.

Now, I would like your help please!

The seller told me that she is going to cancel the transaction on ebay as it's not a sale and they won't charge her fees. So I will receive an email from ebay to confirm.

I got a message from ebay, writing this

Case type: Cancel transaction

********** has sent you a request to cancel this transaction.

Seller selected the following reason: Buyer is returning item for a refund.

Additional information from seller: Hi *****, As I just said in my email, I would like to cancel the transaction as you are returning the item to me. Many thanks, *****

How would you like to respond?
I accept the seller's request to cancel this transaction.
You should only accept the cancellation request if you haven't paid yet or you've already received your refund from the seller. If you haven't received your refund, contact the seller - opens in a new window or tab

I decline the seller's request to cancel this transaction.

Give additional information to the seller (optional)
500 characters left. No HTML or javascript allowed.

Do I accept it now that we have come to an agreement? Why does it say ''You should only accept the cancellation request if you haven't paid yet or you've already received your refund from the seller''?

Please tell me, I am confused!

^^^You should ship the bag back to seller with a tracking number and signature confirmation of delivery. Send the seller an email with the tracking number, and also email the seller to let her know that you will accept the cancellation of the transaction as soon as you receive the refund from her (just as the email instructed you to do).

^Yes i agree. Do NOT cancel the transaction until you have the refund back in your hands. The threat (not that you made it) of leaving her negative feedback for this transaction is the only real leverage you have right now- don't lose it!

Thanks KittyKat, I just sent an email to the seller, explaining my concerns. Let's see what she says.
Even the photos I took, don't show the real condition.... It is actually worse in real life...

Definitely not a bag that has been used less than 8 times!

It's the first time that something like that happens to me, I have bought used bags, but this one is really in a worse condition than described...

And the missing stud made thinks worse...

I don't know, maybe the pics of the auction show some signs of use, but they are definitely more obvious, also the handles are faded and dry... Shoudn't the seller refer to these defects to the listing?
Oh OP, i do feel for you. I don't think it would be a SNAD based on the wear, it is evident to me in the listing photos, but if a stud is missing then THAT is a SNAD because it wasn't disclosed in the listing.
I sincerely hope that the seller attempts to reach an amicable resolution for you both.

I agree that the description is woefully lacking in details describing the extent of wear and the missing stud.

Although she also either omitted mention of or didn't notice the missing stud, I do see in the second to last picture that on the upper right under the flap, I can see where the hole is from the missing stud.

^^^You should ship the bag back to seller with a tracking number and signature confirmation of delivery. Send the seller an email with the tracking number, and also email the seller to let her know that you will accept the cancellation of the transaction as soon as you receive the refund from her (just as the email instructed you to do).
Definately do this !

Thank you ladies!
It's the first time I have to do this and I 'm lost, so I appreciate your help very much!

I am going to send her the bag now and emaling her the tracking number.
So I will accept the cancellation after I receive the refund, that's what I needed to know...

I can't thank you enough, I will keep you updated!

Edit: I just noticed something. The email from ebay writes

If you don't take action by 13-Dec-2010, the seller will be able to cancel the purchase without your consent.

The seller told me that she will be out of town until December 16th and then she will refund me. So she definitely will not refund me until December 13th. What happens if she cancel it without my consent?

Last edited:
Well, I just sent the bag back to the seller, and sent her a message with the tracking number.
I also wrote this

Hello ******

I got the message about cancelling the transaction.
The message writes that I have to respond within 7 days.
I am happy to accept it, but as the message says, I will do it after I receive the refund. The thing is that as you told me, you will be on a trip until December 16th. So please, don't close the case after the 7 days period that I have to answer. A soon as you refund me, I will accept the cancelation. I tell you this because I read at the help topics that '' If the buyer doesn't respond within 7 days, you can close the case and you'll receive your final value fee credit.''

So I believe that as we have communicated and as you are going to be on a trip, you will wait until the refund is given and not closing the case after 7 days.

Hope everything turns out fine!

I agree that the description is woefully lacking in details describing the extent of wear and the missing stud.

Although she also either omitted mention of or didn't notice the missing stud, I do see in the second to last picture that on the upper right under the flap, I can see where the hole is from the missing stud.

That's true. I can see it too now. The thing is that the wear of the bag was very obvious. If it had been described, or shown better, I would not have bought the bag. So either the bag had problems from the beggining, that's why the seller bought it with discount, either it has been used more than 8 times and not in a caring way.
I have bought many expensive bags from ebay, and even if thaty have some defects, I have never done this procedure. But this was a bag that I could'n keep, it was worse in real life than shown at the photos.

Hello!

Just an update for this situation that causes me a lot of anxiety!
I sent the bag back to the seller on December 7th (from Greece to UK). The bag has not been delivered yet. I called hellenic post and they can only confirm me that the parcel left Greece on December 8th. UK Royal Mail's tracking system shows results only when the item is delivered. I have contact with the seller during this time (she has answered me that she realised that she has opened the cancelation of the transaction case too early, and no problem, she would leave it until the arrival of the bag and the refund).
I know that UK has bad weather, does anyone else face problems with delays?
The last update, is that I show that the seller closed the case byherself on Sunday, without informing me, eventhough we have agreed to let it open. I sent her a message asking her why, and I am waiting.
I am stressed now, how am I secured? Should I open some kind of case too?

There's massive postal delays in the UK because of the snow (we can't cope, unlike other countires, for some reason...grrrrrrr!)

I am still waiting on Amazin orders from 10 days ago that were sent first class (i.e. expected to be delivered in one day), so I wouldn't worry too much yet.

Just keep the lines of communication with the seller open and I'm sure it will work out

Sorry this is happening to you in over the holiday season

Well, just received a message from the seller, the bag has arrived!!!!!
She refunded me the cost already.

Thank you girls for the help! fongchau hope to receive your items soon!

Oh, that's great! :smile:

I was getting worried, as I read though the thread, so I'm very glad to hear it ended well.

As others have said, even though you can see most of the wear in the listing pics, she still should have mentioned it in the description, as well.

I very much doubt it was only used 8 times, too - unless that was as a beach bag, or to carry bricks on a construction site, or something?!

Even if it was store wear (and that's some store wear!), it's no good just saying something has been used 8 times and leaving it at that.

I recognise that second pic, BTW - I'm guessing it was stolen from here? Or, maybe, taken from a Google pic, which was originally found on here?

Someone borrowed one of my pics, recently and she claimed she found it on Google pics (although, I actually couldn't find it, myself, when I looked), so if it's the case that Google are getting pics from here, it may mean that more and more pics in auctions will be indirectly 'borrowed' from tPFers?

I just saw your update, and am so relieved that your seller was honest & refunded you!! If she hadn't, you still would have had buyer protection via the eBay/Paypal dispute process, but that can be a big hassle.

You must be happy to be rid of that bag - I agree that there is no way it was only used 8 times... unless she dragged it on the ground behind her and ran it over with her car each of the 8 times, lol!

Congrats again on the outcome, and happy holidays!!

Hi girls!

Thank you for taking the time to read my thread and writing!
I was so happy that this situation ended like this! I was lucky that the seller was honest indeed, because I was very anxious all this time. I was so dissapointed to see the bag like this, it is the first time I am returning a bag, but I could not close my eyes to these defects. Even if a bag is a store display and the used a handful of times, how can it end up like this? Dry leather, discoloration, severe wear, not only at the corners, but on other parts as well...
I can tell you that I was relieved when the seller accpeted the return, I was unhappy to have the bag, and I had never open a dispute before.
Then the delay because of the weather, the fact that the seller closed the case that she had opened, caused me a lot of stress!

I laughed a lot with your examples (beach bag, bricks, ground, car) :biggrin:

I believe that even if the pics show some defects (and I assure you that in real life it was much-much worse), the thing that persuade a buyer to buy, is the description. I thought that the wear should be very light, if the bag has been used a handful of times, and obviously everyone could have been confused by this.

If google takes the pictures form here, and everyone can search and save them, and then use them, it is scary because so many pictures are posted here... I haven't thought of it, but doing a little search now, I found some pictures of bags posted here, as results on google pics.

I just found the second picture that seems to be from a different bag!
It is from here, you can find it at the ''all about saskia'' thread

http://forum.purseblog.com/chloe-reference-library/all-about-saskia-317047.html

post #14

I have seen these picas in the past, but I haven't searched it lately and I didn't remember it. The pic at the auction is small.
I don't know if this pic is on google.