I received fake goods, the best way for disputing it.

fantastic_3

Feb 10, 2007
I purchased a pair of cycling gloves for my husband and as soon as he opened it, we noticed right away that it was counterfit goods. This seller has over 3000 feedbacks and has sold many of these particular gloves with good feedbacks but there was maybe 2 or 3 did state that it was fake so we gave him the benefit of the doubt that the negs were from buyers that were not as knowlegable of the merchandise or just didn't like what they received which does happen sometimes. My husband examined it very carefully and also compared it to the officical website as well, there was no tags anywhere saying OAKLEY, it wasn't leather, poorly sewn and the O was misaligned.

If I ship them back to Hong Kong from Canada, it will cost me probably 30.00 in shipping (with tracking no.) to return to him and also lose some money on the money conversion so I will definitely be out probably 40.00 - 50.00. the gloves were 65.00 US$

What do you guys recommend the best way to deal with this dispute without loosing all this money. I figure if I email him, he will say that I don't know my stuff and to read his feedbacks, etc.....

Thank you.

Last edited:
Do you mean paypal will refund me the re-shipping back to them or just the shipping that I paid for it to get to me?

Thank you.
Sometimes they refund original shipping, and I have heard of a FEW instance where buyers were able to re-coup the shipping back also. You'll have to talk to PP. And ask for a Supervisor if the PP rep is being disagreeable.

Sometimes they refund original shipping, and I have heard of a FEW instance where buyers were able to re-coup the shipping back also. You'll have to talk to PP. And ask for a Supervisor if the PP rep is being disagreeable.

No luck, I just contacted paypal and spoke an agent and then a supervisor and both told me that I must fork out the re-shipping back to them. They the only thing paypal can do is to once I provide the tracking no and it shows that they did receive the item back, paypal can can only re-coup my money.

No luck, I just contacted paypal and spoke an agent and then a supervisor and both told me that I must fork out the re-shipping back to them. They the only thing paypal can do is to once I provide the tracking no and it shows that they did receive the item back, paypal can can only re-coup my money.

Well, sorry, hon.. that's a bunch of CRAP! But, it does seem to be their USUAL response.