I really really want t a jumbo. Please help me!

mimichauchau

Apr 18, 2006
Ladies! After all I've read about the price increase and talk about the single flap being discontinued... I've been soo obsessed... I swear I can't sleep soundly at night until I get my hands on one of these babies. I regret passing it up so many times =[ . Can someone please help me hunt down a single flap Jumbo either black with ghw or red with gold hardware? I've contact my SA at saks but haven't heard anything from her yet. I was thinking about opening either a NM card ( I think they give 15-20% off your first purchase? Can someone please recommend a SA that can waive the tax, I live in CA ) or SA at Saks give 10% for opening one and no tax (I've contact Diane from troy, MI. I bought a GST from her before and she waive my tax.. she's taking a little too long in answering me back. She told me yesterday was the last day for triple points.... but she never got back to me yesterday.. and im not sure what getting triple points mean? ) ... do anyone know any sales or promotion that might help me get my jumbo?

Any help will be greatly greatly appreciated. Thanks ladies!!

Ladies! After all I've read about the price increase and talk about the single flap being discontinued... I've been soo obsessed... I swear I can't sleep soundly at night until I get my hands on one of these babies. I regret passing it up so many times =[ . Can someone please help me hunt down a single flap Jumbo either black with ghw or red with gold hardware? I've contact my SA at saks but haven't heard anything from her yet. I was thinking about opening either a NM card ( I think they give 15-20% off your first purchase? Can someone please recommend a SA that can waive the tax, I live in CA ) or SA at Saks give 10% for opening one and no tax (I've contact Diane from troy, MI. I bought a GST from her before and she waive my tax.. she's taking a little too long in answering me back. She told me yesterday was the last day for triple points.... but she never got back to me yesterday.. and im not sure what getting triple points mean? ) ... do anyone know any sales or promotion that might help me get my jumbo?

Any help will be greatly greatly appreciated. Thanks ladies!!

I usually hang out on the H forum, but wandered over here for a while.
As far an SA waiving sales tax, unless you live in a state that has no NM or Saks, including any business with them, like warehouses, outlets (Off Fifth, Last Call.) Essentially, the SA is either offering you a discount, but to outright tell you s/he won't charge you tax and you live in a state where sales tax is mandatory, it sounds like tax evasion and that's never a good thing.
Store point deals are great. Each store has it's own system. Chanel, among other designers do not always allow discounting or promotions. Usually NM is really good. Also, Nordstrom is very good with their point programs. But, they will definitely never promise you something they cannot deliver .... tax evasion.
Department stores are clamoring to sell now. Shop around, but don't expect not to pay tax in California.

I usually hang out on the H forum, but wandered over here for a while.
As far an SA waiving sales tax, unless you live in a state that has no NM or Saks, including any business with them, like warehouses, outlets (Off Fifth, Last Call.) Essentially, the SA is either offering you a discount, but to outright tell you s/he won't charge you tax and you live in a state where sales tax is mandatory, it sounds like tax evasion and that's never a good thing.
Store point deals are great. Each store has it's own system. Chanel, among other designers do not always allow discounting or promotions. Usually NM is really good. Also, Nordstrom is very good with their point programs. But, they will definitely never promise you something they cannot deliver .... tax evasion.
Department stores are clamoring to sell now. Shop around, but don't expect not to pay tax in California.

^ Agreed. No one likes to pay sales tax, but to openly mention an SA not lawfully charging you tax is not something that should be done. solicited nor said. It's part of the cost of ownership.

thank you =) I'll definitely send her an email.

I'll definitely look into either bloomies or saks. But I did order a GST from saks before without tax, the SA sent it to me as a gift. i Guess it depends on the SA, and we do have saks here in CA

mmm...if the SA did it on her own free will, there's nothing you can do about it, but if you ASK for a bag to come without tax, that is illegal, i think i've heard about an SA who got fired because she offered tax-exemption and got caught...but don't quote me on tht....

I'll definitely look into either bloomies or saks. But I did order a GST from saks before without tax, the SA sent it to me as a gift. i Guess it depends on the SA, and we do have saks here in CA

The SA def didnt know what they was doing because if they were to get caught they would be fired.

I've seen alot of people on the forum talking about in the recommendations SA thread that their SA doesnt charge them tax either. O well, I guess i got lucky. Hopefully she can do the same thing for me again. =)

It used to work for me too when I bought at an out of state Saks. Since then, Saks changed their policy and they WILL charge taxes if you reside in a state with a Saks.

It used to work for me too when I bought at an out of state Saks. Since then, Saks changed their policy and they WILL charge taxes if you reside in a state with a Saks.

It wasn't Saks that changed their policy, it is simply a tax policy. If your state does not have the store that you are purchasing from in some way shape or form you will not be charged tax. For example there is no Saks in Kentucky, Oregon or Washington state therefore there is no tax imposed. The tax is also attached to the state in which the item is being shipped so if you live in California and are having something shipped from Indiana you are going to pay California taxes. A sales associate cannot waive sales tax because not only are they endangering their job but consumers asking them to do so may be opening themselves up to investigation by the IRS since it is considered tax evasion. Just watch yourselves people. Is it really worth it?

Bought the black cavair double flap today at Saks in Troy, Mi. Got 10% off for opening an account. There was tax. They had single flap (black cavair ghw). I chose double because it seems to make the bag not to become flat. SA name is Krysten. Hope this is helpful.