I really really want a damier ebene bag. Please help me pick one!!!:-)

MommielovesLV

Sep 5, 2013
Hi girls! So I'm really stuck and I need your help, a couple of weeks ago I bought a de pochette (I'm kinda a pochette freak, love them and can never have to many in my option) and I love love love this print so I wanna get a bag!!! Only problem I can't pick. I'm very picky about what I carry and comfort is number 1 for me. I'm 28 years old, I'm a hairdresser and I have a 17 month old, just to give u a little info about me;) ok so I'm either looking at the evora mm, portobello gm, or neverfull gm. Normally I would head right for the nf but I'm really liking the zip top bags, (the baby can't get in those one:smile:) and i dont want the bag to look to old for me, if you know what i mean. Im a very casual dresser, jeans and a tee, but i love a pretty bag and pretty jewely, so I dont mind if the bag is dressy looking;), if u guys could give me ur input I really appreciate it. Your words and mod pics if possible would be awesome;)!!' Thanks so much!

Portobello is a cute casual de bag. I think the evora is over priced IMHO, Consider a de speedy B?? It can be worn dressy on the special occasions, over the shoulder when shopping and cross body on those days you just need to be hands free. I swear by my speedy B's! and loooove the de

Portobello is a cute casual de bag. I think the evora is over priced IMHO, Consider a de speedy B?? It can be worn dressy on the special occasions, over the shoulder when shopping and cross body on those days you just need to be hands free. I swear by my speedy B's! and loooove the de

I agree that the speedy b would be a great option for you! I love mine, for all the reasons above and more :smile:

For me, i like evora but its to expensive for a canvas bag. With that price, i better top up a bit and buy empriente. But if you dont have budget problem, then i vote for evora. Good luck on deciding. :smile:

Out of your list I'd say evora but I agree with the others. Seems too spendy for what it is. Have you considered the marylebone? I've been lusting over that for awhile, it was just "eh" when I saw pictures of it but after seeing it in person I can't seem to get it out of my head.

I had the portobello then returned it. It was just too much of a big black pit for me, with and without an organizer. With a little one I'm sure being able to find something quickly inside your bag would be helpful. Good luck, keep us posted.

I got a speedy b 30 in DE shortly after the release. I still have it but don't ever find myself wanting to carry it. It works for many folks on this forum but it's not as great to me as some people say it is for them. Wish it was.

i would go for the speedy b. so versatile and for a mom, the crossbody is a great alternative. this bag is so versatile. i purchased the portobello and then returned it because the strap was uncomfortable for me ( it was so rigid it dug in and somehow , defying logic also slipped because it is thick and slippery) and also because the length of the strap, being shorter than the zip opening would swivel in front of the zipper to block access . it is a nice looking bag and many tpf members love it, but i would suggest you make sure to try it on to see how it works for you. the speedy be has so many options, for me it is the clear winner. good luck!

i would go for the speedy b. so versatile and for a mom, the crossbody is a great alternative. this bag is so versatile. i purchased the portobello and then returned it because the strap was uncomfortable for me ( it was so rigid it dug in and somehow , defying logic also slipped because it is thick and slippery) and also because the length of the strap, being shorter than the zip opening would swivel in front of the zipper to block access . it is a nice looking bag and many tpf members love it, but i would suggest you make sure to try it on to see how it works for you. the speedy be has so many options, for me it is the clear winner. good luck!

Totally agree with this about the portobello. I have the speedy B and find it indispensable in my collection as my go to hands free worry free pack it all bag:smile: it's still super stylish and I find myself carrying it in all the different ways it offers. I also briefly had the portobello gm and thought potential because I could use my speedy B strap on it allowing easier access with crossbody use. But it was indeed cumbersome I had to get in and out of the bag, the handle was in the way and I just couldn't love the handle/strap. I still think it's super lovely tho and drool at the mod pics whenever one is posted but it just wasn't practical for me. The Evora mm is and will likely always be on my wishlist but for a canvas at that price I just couldn't do it. Got a lumineuse instead:smile: now that is another gorgeous worry free bag and only a but more than the evora.