I really need help

penli88

Nov 6, 2006
I had a baby in November and my mom has told me she would like to help me purchase a Chanel bag for myself. I can't decide which one to get. I know I want a classic style but nothing too small. Does anyone have any suggestions? If you were going to pick one which would you choose? I can't decide!! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jun 24, 2008
Los Angeles
I just put a washed caviar black GST on hold for the Saks EGC event and it is gorgeous! It has tons of different pockets and is the PERFECT size for everyday. GST comes in several gorgeous colors! :smile:

ice-cream

Aug 29, 2006
Well it depends on if you want a tote or a flap or some other design. Also are you going to use it as a diaper bag or as a purse. If you want a flap I would get a black caviar jumbo. If you want a tote then the GST but it might be a little heavy. But you can put alot of thing in it. Or a bubble quilt bowler or a cabas. There are alot of options. It just depends on what style You like. HTH

True*Fidelity

Where Are They Now?
O.G.
Mar 22, 2006
The GST gets my vote --- nice size, and great for daily use. Get it in black (classic color, hides dirt).

fleur-de-lis

♡ Chanel & Hermès ♡
O.G.
Feb 22, 2008
San Francisco
i guess if you want a classic style the gst would come to mind. but if you don't mind veering off a little bit, the cabas would be just wonderful.

penli88

Nov 6, 2006
My mom loves the GST. I was thinking maybe something a little bit lighter in weight..Thanks for all your suggestions. I can't wait to purchase my new bag!

jmen

O.G.
Jan 15, 2007
I'd go flap just because it's a lot less heavy than a tote. Schlepping an infant that is constantly gaining weight was tough enough. I guess you could put the kid in the cabas.

If you want classic elegance, nothing says Chanel better than a flap.