I really need help deciding which bag for business...

Jul 4, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
I freelance in the entertainment industry so I go on job interviews often and travel a lot. Even on interviews my dress is casual. I wear jeans to work and pants and sweaters on interviews.

I want something that doesn't scream designer bag and that if I needed to I could put it in a suitcase. I am looking at these 3 bags:

1.) Tumi Roma Work Tote:
http://www.tumi.com/voyageur/roma-work-tote-136451/

It's on sale for $245.00. I like it because its got lots of pockets. I love pockets on my bags. It's nylon so its lightweight and I could put in in a suitcase. Separate pocket for wallet which closes. could I carry this and a backpack.

2). Frankfort North /South Foldable tote.
http://www.tumi.com/voyageur/frankfort-north-south-foldable-tote/

I could get this for 200.00. It has the same features as the Roma Work Tote but is smaller. Carrying a tote bag over my shoulder all the time does bother me sometimes and I like that this one can be carried over the shoulder, cross body, and in hand. When I travel I always carry a backpack with my laptop. I could carry this in hand or cross body with my backpack.
I guess I could carry the Roma Tote over my arm.

3) Longchamp Eiffel Tower

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/3067648...search&keyword=longchamp&origin=searchresults

$155.00. It's cute. The downside is no pockets.

Whatever I buy I would like to be able to carry on the weekends as well.

I carry:
Large Wallet
Cosmetic Case
2 eyeglass cases
2 sets of keys
iphone
I usually have 2-3 file folders and a handful of envelopes

Help! Thanks.

adirondackgal

Jan 24, 2010
I like 2,1,3 in that order. I like the fact that you would have more space in the #2 but either of the Tumi's would be fine. #3 just doesn't seem that it would hold file folders very well. Hope this helps.

smiles1003

O.G.
Jul 1, 2009
I love the second one. Its a classic functional bag, but it can be carried two different ways. The pockets will come in handy. The first bag is nice, but i doesn't seem as versatile and I think the second one is a bit cuter. =)

I love longchamp bags, however I am not sure that it will serve your purpose as well.

Leeleerae

Jan 7, 2009
I would go with the 2nd one if being organized and having pockets is important to you.

Why are you sticking with nylon? You could get a great leather bag in the same price range as the bags you are looking at.

Jul 4, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
Hey everyone thanks for your advice. The reason I am looking at Nylon is because I have some back problems and can't carry a large leather bag everyday. I actually like #2 because I can carry it so many ways. I also like the idea that it could fit in a suitcase very easily.

BgaHolic

Emma 4ever in my <3
O.G.
May 23, 2009
NYC
Makes sense! You can't go wrong with any of the ones you picked. Good luck! They are all smart looking bags!

pickle

O.G.
Apr 15, 2008
I just wanted to add that I prefer nylon bags as well, not just for lightweight, but a good nylon bag is very sturdy and don't have to worry about scratches.

pickle

O.G.
Apr 15, 2008
I love the second one. Its a classic functional bag, but it can be carried two different ways. The pockets will come in handy. The first bag is nice, but i doesn't seem as versatile and I think the second one is a bit cuter. =)

I love longchamp bags, however I am not sure that it will serve your purpose as well.

I agree.

It doesn't really have organization to it.