i really don't want to do this, but im concerned, i think.. r/o please

mzedith

RMBR SKY
O.G.
Nov 9, 2008
my purchase is lost in the mail. if a seller sent my bag on April 6th, priority Mail, and its still showing "electronic info received" on UPSP website, i think something is wrong. im 98% sure the package is lost in the mail.

the seller contacted me about it and is concerned as well. i don't want to file a claim... , it appears to be lost in the mail. i purchased insurance, so the seller should have added that on as well. this is a reputable seller with over 1000 positive feed back. mixed , buying and selling.

what should i do??? , even if it was sent parcel post, i would have received it by now. and if its insured the post office would not just leave it at my door step w/o signature. and it hasnt scanned at all.

this is why i stopped using usps and switched to UPS for all my sales,

should i file a claim??? i dont want to, cuz i think is the post office's fault. its also a lot of $$

what should i do? call PP and ask?

Last edited:
By chance was this an international ship which would take longer? I think the first step is for your seller to go to her post office and see what info. they can give her on this one and get some tracking on it..Depending on what they say will determine the next step..Hope it turns up!

my purchase is lost in the mail. if a seller sent my bag on April 6th, priority Mail, and its still showing "electronic info received" on UPSP website, i think something is wrong. im 98% sure the package is lost in the mail.

the seller contacted me about it and is concerned as well. i don't want to file a claim... , it appears to be lost in the mail. i purchased insurance, so the seller should have added that on as well. this is a reputable seller with over 1000 positive feed back. mixed , buying and selling.

what should i do??? , even if it was sent parcel post, i would have received it by now. and if its insured the post office would not just leave it at my door step w/o signature. and it hasnt scanned at all.

this is why i stopped using usps and switched to UPS for all my sales,

should i file a claim??? i dont want to, cuz i think is the post office's fault. its also a lot of $$

what should i do? call PP and ask?

Is the seller 100% sure she sent the item USPS Priority Mail and not parcel post? Parcel post can take 3 weeks. And did she 100% ship it out when she said she was going to ship it out? According to USPS, "electronic shipping info received" does not indicate "receipt" by the post office or the actual mailing date. It just means the seller printed off the postage.

If the seller did send it USPS Priority & on the date she said she would send it, then you should still be fine. Insurance isn't for the buyer - it's for the seller's protection. So if the package really is lost, the seller needs to refund you and file her insurance claim through USPS. Here's the USPS website with the insurance info: http://www.usps.com/insuranceclaims/domestic.htm.

I'm sure the ebay experts can help you w/the PayPal "Item Not Received" claim if it comes to that, but if your seller has 1000+ transactions and 100% feedback, I can't imagine her having a problem with refunding you immediately and handling the USPS claim on her own. Good luck!

It seems like the USPS is not updating their DC as much as they used to. They really sucks since it's pretty much the only thing we can use without spending $$$.

i had this happen with a package (didn't take 2 weeks, but took longer than priority should have). my post office said what happened was that it is optional for curriers to scan the package at each location, so the website never updated because the transition locations never scanned the package. i thought my seller just printed the label and ran with my money and the item, but in reality nobody scanned the package until it arrived at my local post office. maybe that is what is happening with you?

Right, delivery confirmation is just that. I think we get spoiled by some mail carriers and expect the bonus of enroute scanning everytime. It's a bit nerve-wracking when buyers and sellers can't see their package.

Right, delivery confirmation is just that. I think we get spoiled by some mail carriers and expect the bonus of enroute scanning everytime. It's a bit nerve-wracking when buyers and sellers can't see their package.

funny thing is whenever i purchase delivery confirmation directly from my post office (i've started going to the post office and having them send out my stuff instead of using paypal labels) it always gets scanned enroute. they just slack when they see it's an ebay label i think.

funny thing is whenever i purchase delivery confirmation directly from my post office (i've started going to the post office and having them send out my stuff instead of using paypal labels) it always gets scanned enroute. they just slack when they see it's an ebay label i think.

If you think it's the ebay logo, you could cover it up...but I don't see why it would be? You could also print directly from usps.com . The rates should be the same as paypal.

I have to say that 90% of the time my location will do an outbound scan on a package that I dropped off . But I just have been seeing a decrease on the frequency of scanning lately.

If you think it's the ebay logo, you could cover it up...but I don't see why it would be? You could also print directly from usps.com . The rates should be the same as paypal.

I have to say that 90% of the time my location will do an outbound scan on a package that I dropped off . But I just have been seeing a decrease on the frequency of scanning lately.

i have to go to the post office daily anyways because i have a po box, so i prefer to just have them do everything for me instead of printing the labels myself. but i just found i have better luck when it's the little green label that the clerk puts on for an additional $.65 then i was getting with the ones i printed myself.

They're not 'slacking' when they see an Ebay label, I work at the PO and am told not to scan click-n-ship items as accepted over the counter as you would if someone had walked in and purchased a delivery confirmation label. The reasoning being that an electronic trail has already been started when you print the DC online. We only scan pre-printed labels when the package is delivered.

Linda

not necessarliy!i have had packages to show this for days - even AFTER i have recieved it!
sometime - for some reason - it is very slow getting to where it belongs!

They're not 'slacking' when they see an Ebay label, I work at the PO and am told not to scan click-n-ship items as accepted over the counter as you would if someone had walked in and purchased a delivery confirmation label. The reasoning being that an electronic trail has already been started when you print the DC online. We only scan pre-printed labels when the package is delivered.

Linda
Thanks Linda, that is good info to know. As for OP, you have 45 days from when you paid to file with PP for a item not received. Since it has been only a couple of weeks, I would give it another few days and also ask the seller to trace it from her end if she can. The mail can sometimes be s-l-o-w.

Thanks everyone, LindaP, when i do click & ship (via USPS instead of PP) if i use USPS i use the option print Scan Form.

it seems if i dont the post office can't really scan my package. and you are correct they don't scan the preprinted labels. And i believe it, because the seller told me that they would not scan them when she took my package and serveral others.

i live in a US city that is named after a Canadian province (sp?), so if you put "my city", CA , might be thought as Canada. but i have had 100's of packages sent here that i got just fine.

going to send the seller another note and if she doesn't respond within a day or two i will go ahead and file a claim.