I ran 2 miles!!

1. Just a silly post to announce that I ran 2 miles today during my workout for the first time ever :yahoo:

I'm in pretty decent shape but running has always been hard for me. Even back in college when I was in much better shape I rarely ran more than a mile before I'd give up and go back to the Stairmaster. But I set running a 5k (3.1 miles) as a summer fitness goal and I feel like I'm so much closer now!!

My other summer fitness goals include losing 15 pounds (I've lost about 2, gotta work on the diet! I have gone down almost a size this since June, though, so I'm doing something right) and doing a pullup (I've never been able to do a pullup either). I still have a long way to go on those. But I'm closer to one goal than I ever thought I'd get!

I hope everyone else's fitness goals are going well too :smile:

2. :yahoo::party::drinks: (haha maybe the last one isn't good. My personal trainer yells at me all the time about how I should stop drinking!)

Whoo hoo!!! Congrats!!! I know how you feel- in the beginning of the summer, I couldn't even go 2 minutes straight.. but now I can run for like 20 minutes! Doesn't it feel awesome? I hope you keep at it and reach your goal! I just saw pics of my friend running the SF marathon and it makes me want to set THAT as a goal.. hehe I'm not so sure about it but.. still! :roflmfao:

Anyway- keep it up!!!!!!! YAY!!!

3. CONGRATS!!!

I ran track in high school I was an all state sprinter. But honest to God, I can not run more than a mile! I dont think I've ever ran a mile all the way through on the track or outdoors... only on a treadmil.
    When I go to the gym I force myself to get on the treadmil for a mile.. and then I'm off that thing in a heartbeat!
    So I really admire you! Keep it up! After you get after that first hump (which was half a mile for me haha) it gets easier!! Way to go :smile:

4. :yahoo:Great job! I think I die after about a mile. I am so out of shape even though I try to exercise. So I congratulate you for doing it:wlae:

5. Good job, girl! Keep it up! Woohooo! I love jogging. Not only good for my health but does wonders for my sanity. And my DH appreciates that too, lol!

6. I have never been a runner. I think bad experiences and fear of a fatal asthma attack keep me from it. I am thinking about taking it up just to beat my fears and get in shape. Congrats! That is quite an accomplishment.

7. :yahoo: :yahoo: great job.

i used to love running but not good for my knees.

8. Thanks so much, ladies! I couldn't do it again today, I only made it a mile, but I'll be back at it tomorrow.

9. Congrats! That's a great workout! Keep it up! I don't think I can run that much but I can walk a lot!

10. Congrats...I have trouble running just one! LOL. Good luck reaching all your goals.

11. Great job! I hurt my knee from running so I am being extra careful to run less and never any days in a row.

12. That's awesome! I'm really happy for you, because I know how freakin hard running is!! Its possibly the hardest thing in the world. It's a great accomplishment!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice