I purchased bag, received bag and my payment was reversed back to me? Why?

luv2run41

May 30, 2012
So strange. I purchased an LV bb pomme from a new seller. He has been wonderful many pics, excellent communication. I can't say enough. I received the bag today and checked it over and it looks great. He sent me an email that paypal gave me my $$ back, not listed as a refund but a reversal?? The seller said it is a problem on his end? What can that mean, he also said he wanted to make sure I was happy with the bag first then we would figure out a repayment? I can't imagine there would be a problem with me repaying him??

Has anyone had this happen before??> Thank you!

uadjit

D.Va
Jul 21, 2011
So strange. I purchased an LV bb pomme from a new seller. He has been wonderful many pics, excellent communication. I can't say enough. I received the bag today and checked it over and it looks great. He sent me an email that paypal gave me my $$ back, not listed as a refund but a reversal?? The seller said it is a problem on his end? What can that mean, he also said he wanted to make sure I was happy with the bag first then we would figure out a repayment? I can't imagine there would be a problem with me repaying him??

I would call PayPal and ask them what is up with that. Also, get the bag authenticated.

BeenBurned

Coach, Dooney, Uggs
Authenticator
O.G.
Feb 25, 2007

Have you looked at your paypal account? Was the money actually given back to you?

There was a similar thread the other day from a seller who sent a message "proving" payment for the item but it was a phony payment notice. The seller's account didn't receive any payment and if the seller shipped the item, the buyer would have gotten it free.

If your payment wasn't reversed in your own account, if you pay again, the seller will be paid twice.

Here's the thread from the seller who was saved from a scamming buyer.
http://forum.purseblog.com/ebay-for...-on-bonanza-confused-and-clueless-847570.html

luv2run41

May 30, 2012
Have you looked at your paypal account? Was the money actually given back to you?

There was a similar thread the other day from a seller who sent a message "proving" payment for the item but it was a phony payment notice. The seller's account didn't receive any payment and if the seller shipped the item, the buyer would have gotten it free.

If your payment wasn't reversed in your own account, if you pay again, the seller will be paid twice.

Here's the thread from the seller who was saved from a scamming buyer.
http://forum.purseblog.com/ebay-for...-on-bonanza-confused-and-clueless-847570.html

WOW, thank you here is my email he (the seller) just sent me. Additionally it was an international sale.

From the seller:
"hi i just received an email from the usps saying you received the bag.

i feel i should explain the reason i had the payment reversed.
ebay took the hold of the funds today, but paypal had placed a limitation on my account as they have deemed that there was another account that had a negative balance and they have been giving me the runaround on trying to get the issue resolved. i am not trying to avoid any fees.
i am just upset with paypal that's all and don't wish to use them

i want to make sure you are 100% happy with the bag and with my service.
if you want to get the bag authenticated i encourage it and i am willing to pay for that service.
please check your paypal to make sure that the reversal went through and i also encourage you to call them to double check
as i have said i want you to be 100% about this.

if you need to contact me you can call me at xxxxxxxx any time day or night
and if you feel that this may be a scam i am also willing to pay for return shipping back to me

i hope you understand "

I am going to call and speak with a supervisor in the morning. Wow, very strange.

Last edited:
Reactions: Haughty
Sep 1, 2009
It sounds like they took her money not that she refunded you. But, I would agree with BeenBurned and go directly to your paypal account, not using any links or anything, and check the activity.
This all sounds wonky.
What is the listing?

BeenBurned

Coach, Dooney, Uggs
Authenticator
O.G.
Feb 25, 2007
It sounds like the seller had another issue with her account that has nothing to do with your purchase/payment.

If the funds are being held (by ebay or paypal), that's her problem but as long as your paypal account shows that the money was paid to the seller and not refunded or reversed, you shouldn't send the seller any more money or you'll end up paying twice for the bag.

luv2run41

May 30, 2012
I just had the bag authenticated again with my own pictures I took of the bag and deemed authentic. I looked in my paypal account and it does show the payment is reversed. Now I have the bag and my money bag. I may just send the bag back. I am very happy with the condition and the bag is authentic. The seller wants me to pay in a different manner from paypal. If I do then ultimately I have no proof I repaid after the paypal payment was reversed. I think sending the bag back is probably best and the seller offered to pay return shipping? This has been very weird. I just feel so terrible I have both bag and $$$. How horrrible for a seller as well. It is tough to get someone at Paypal who really understands the situation but here goes another call to paypal and will update all later :smile: :smile:

Sep 11, 2006
I just had the bag authenticated again with my own pictures I took of the bag and deemed authentic. I looked in my paypal account and it does show the payment is reversed. Now I have the bag and my money bag. I may just send the bag back. I am very happy with the condition and the bag is authentic. The seller wants me to pay in a different manner from paypal. If I do then ultimately I have no proof I repaid after the paypal payment was reversed. I think sending the bag back is probably best and the seller offered to pay return shipping? This has been very weird. I just feel so terrible I have both bag and $$$. How horrrible for a seller as well. It is tough to get someone at Paypal who really understands the situation but here goes another call to paypal and will update all later :smile: :smile:

As you already have the bag and love it, I'm not sure what the issue is with using another payment method? The seller could claim non-payment but you have the original PP payment as proof of payment so could counter that claim. There's no issue with non-receipt as you already have the item.

I would ask PP to explain to you why the transaction was reversed.

BeenBurned

Coach, Dooney, Uggs
Authenticator
O.G.
Feb 25, 2007
I wouldn't return if I still wanted the bag. Just repay the seller using a method that gives you proof of payment. Even if you were to wire the money, there's no problem with that since you have the bag, authenticated it and know it's fine.

gillianna

O.G.
Dec 27, 2005
Perhaps the seller is trying to say the funds are not available to her until so many days have passed. 21 days for newer sellers. Unless paypal explains this in writing to you and tells you to pay I would not refund anything at this point. It sounds like something is messed up on their end or perhaps there is not even a problem. The seller seems way too excited with her emails. Something is strange and you might be the one getting ripped off. Never pay outside of ebay or in another way like the seller now wants you to.
It might be easier to just return the bag.