I Pulled the Trigger...Bought 2 Botkier Bags!!

mielikki55

Nov 21, 2006
:sad: I just checked the bags and there are issues with both. The Howard St in Cement has a huge crease/indent towards the bottom. I going to try to get it replaced. The Logan also has a crease/indent but it's on the front of the bag. What's worse is that there's a nick at the bottom. I think I may just return that bag. I'm waiting to hear back from AA. One side of the box arrived pretty beaten up (the tape was broken and it was slightly open)...I don't know if that had to do with it? The bags were packaged pretty well but I guess they should have put more stuffing for the box. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they will fix this...

BTW - I LOVE the Howard St in cement. It's going to be my spring (when it stop raining) and summer go-to bag.

zoesma

NICE KITTY
Jan 22, 2009
New York
awww that stinks....AA is usually really great....i hope you hear back from them soon....do you have any pics??? i would love to see the logan and howard!!....and i love the cement too!!

Cloud5

Jan 3, 2010
I'm sorry to hear about your bags mielikki. :sad: I hope AA will be able to take care of the problem for you quick. Do you think the crease in the Howard would smooth out if you put some weight in it?

starkfan

O.G.
Jan 18, 2009
:sad: I just checked the bags and there are issues with both. The Howard St in Cement has a huge crease/indent towards the bottom. I going to try to get it replaced. The Logan also has a crease/indent but it's on the front of the bag. What's worse is that there's a nick at the bottom. I think I may just return that bag. I'm waiting to hear back from AA. One side of the box arrived pretty beaten up (the tape was broken and it was slightly open)...I don't know if that had to do with it? The bags were packaged pretty well but I guess they should have put more stuffing for the box. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they will fix this...

BTW - I LOVE the Howard St in cement. It's going to be my spring (when it stop raining) and summer go-to bag.
:wtf: Oh no, mielikki, so sorry to hear this! IA, AA is usually better at sending stuff than this (usually no stuffing, but the bag is at least wrapped in paper and a plastic bag)... :s You should definitely take it up with them. The Logan with the nick definitely needs to go back, as that isn't normal at all. The crease/indent on the Howard St may go away with a weight being placed in it, IA... But if stuffing it/weighing it down doesn't help, you definitely need to take it up with AA, as it sounds like their packaging may have contributed to the problem. (The ground shipping handling didn't help either, I'm sure...)

pinkboudoir

♥
May 19, 2006
SUN-shine-y island
I am sorry to hear mielikki. Stuffing like starkfan suggested would work. It would take away the crease but you need to really fill it up & leave it that way for days. The nick on the Logan sounds bad. AA I think as pretty good return policy so hope the return is an effortless transaction.

mielikki55

Nov 21, 2006
Got a response back from AA. They're going to replace the Howard and the I can return the Logan. :smile: I was hoping the crease in the Howard would go away but it's still there. It's a pretty deep crease so I'd rather not wait it out. Going to be safe and get a replacement. BTW the Venice is on its way...

Cloud5

Jan 3, 2010
Yes it is official...I am putting myself on a ban. I made several purchases in about a month and a half so I am going to take a break. I preordered a black MAC from AA and I am waiting on the wine mattie SO. So mu goal is to not get anything until wine mattie comes. Not a long ban....I can wait a few months.... :sweatdrop:

Cloud5

Jan 3, 2010
Congratulations! I am glad this one came in perfect condition! Pics, pics pics!

Cloud5

Jan 3, 2010
Here you go mielikki! This is a great idea! Especially since it is so hard to find botkiers in real life before I buy it!:biggrin: