i passed...

i also found myself shocked that it was on the shelf that even though i knew i wasn't going to buy it, i had to ask my SA about it. it was sitting right on the top shelf of a display cabinet!

it looked like a togo or clemence, it definitely had grain and slouch to it.

they also had an ebene 35 that they brought out to show someone else. all had palladium HW.

on another note, i saw many a birkin on the street today. blacks and browns, and one gold. of all sizes. i kinda like the 30, it's cute.

i also saw mare winningham the actress crossing the street with me, carrying a 35 black birkin, with a glossy finish.

what also surprised me was more than the birkin, i saw more garden parties being carried today than birkins, of all colors and sizes.

Ebene with Silver - drool! I would've taken that one over the black!

love ebene... if i saw that one, i would have probably faltered. but fate led me to my kelly... and i was hoping that there would a red kelly available too since i do wear more reds. so i know maybe another time, i'll get my birkin.

I have, I've asked him to kep an eye out for a 30 cm chevre, so I would not have expected him to call. I don't want to confuse him....

I would have bought to 35 cm anyways, but do not want to loose out on my 30 cm by indicating to my SA that I am open to options. Does that make sense?
Got it!

OMG!!!! That is my dream Kelly!!!! Congrats!!!!!!!!!! :yahoo: Do you mind if I ask how much it was? Just as a reference point for saving. :shame: I never, ever see that size/leather at my store!

Good for you! Buy what you love and you did! Pictures when you have time.

Did you say orange box kelly? What size, do you remember?

thank you KB

it looked like a 32 to me. but i didn't look closely enough. it could also be a 28. the lights in the display had an orangish hue so that could have made the bag look bigger. it's the bright orange color by the way.

OMG!!!! That is my dream Kelly!!!! Congrats!!!!!!!!!! :yahoo: Do you mind if I ask how much it was? Just as a reference point for saving. :shame: I never, ever see that size/leather at my store!

thanks!

it was 5750, with tax 6230. the leather is sumptuous. so soft, the color is sophisticated but the leather lends a "casual" feel to it... the color is divine. just as the SA said, the rouge H is a brick color. it changes hue in different lights, sometimes it looks like a deep wine, and in other lights, it can look like an orange based red. did i say already how much i love it?