i passed...

babyhart

admire inspire
O.G.
Jun 19, 2006
on a 35cm black birkin this morning at nyc. it was sitting on a shelf and it just didn't call out to me... all right, all right, i can hear the groans. i could have had it, no one else was around at the time. but i passed on it. i think i'd rather a birkin with color.

my mission was to get a kelly.... and i did get one. i was debating on the potiron chevre yesterday, but i wasn't sure about the color. so i went to the nyc boutique and saw the leather handbook and whilst it's a beautiful color, i'm just not an orange person. there were several kellys on display, including a box bright orange, a gold togo 28, a rouge H evergrain 28, a diamond croc 32, and a tiny light purple one.

i went with the rouge H evergrain... and i haven't regretted or wished something different since stepping out of the store, knowing i passed on the birkin.

was anyone else at the NYC boutique this morning? it surprisingly wasn't too crazy.

on a 35cm black birkin this morning at nyc. it was sitting on a shelf and it just didn't call out to me... all right, all right, i can hear the groans. i could have had it, no one else was around at the time. but i passed on it. i think i'd rather a birkin with color.

my mission was to get a kelly.... and i did get one. i was debating on the potiron chevre yesterday, but i wasn't sure about the color. so i went to the nyc boutique and saw the leather handbook and whilst it's a beautiful color, i'm just not an orange person. there were several kellys on display, including a box bright orange, a gold togo 28, a rouge H evergrain 28, a diamond croc 32, and a tiny light purple one.

i went with the rouge H evergrain... and i haven't regretted or wished something different since stepping out of the store, knowing i passed on the birkin.

was anyone else at the NYC boutique this morning? it surprisingly wasn't too crazy.

bh can you tell me what leather and hw was it? I was looking for one on Tue but they didn't have any in stock. But I saw them showing a 40cm black and a black HAC to some guy.

You definitely did the right thing. Your Birkin should scream at you, not just call out...... ("Take me home NOW - you're not leaving here without me!!!")

Your new Kelly sounds gorgeous and you feel about her the way you should! ENJOY!!!:yahoo:

Rose, I know your SA. You need to tell him to keep an eye out for a bag with your specs.

I have, I've asked him to kep an eye out for a 30 cm chevre, so I would not have expected him to call. I don't want to confuse him....

I would have bought to 35 cm anyways, but do not want to loose out on my 30 cm by indicating to my SA that I am open to options. Does that make sense?

I have, I've asked him to kep an eye out for a 30 cm chevre, so I would not have expected him to call. I don't want to confuse him....

I would have bought to 35 cm anyways, but do not want to loose out on my 30 cm by indicating to my SA that I am open to options. Does that make sense?

would you have bought a 35 even if it's not chevre? I am just wondering. I am waiting for a 35 chevre myself. I hear chevre is harder to come by.

I wish you could have came out to dinner with us on Tue. HG and I had some yummy Japanese food.:drool:

would you have bought a 35 even if it's not chevre? I am just wondering. I am waiting for a 35 chevre myself. I hear chevre is harder to come by.

I wish you could have came out to dinner with us on Tue. HG and I had some yummy Japanese food.:drool:

Yes, I would have. I am just set that I want the 30 cm in the chevre. I'll be happy with a 35 cm in any leather/h/w combo.

I wish that I could have met up with you too. The trials of bing a very busy mom!! If it had not been for my youngest daughter's Xmas party this morning, I would be posting pics of my new Birkin!!

Ah well....