I ordered two Timeless Classic flaps to *pick* one and they are different!!! HELP!

kristie

"H" is for horses?
O.G.
Oct 10, 2006
Hi all, So I am currently on a Chanel kick and ordered two of the same bag so I could choose one since I can't go to the boutique any time soon. They are both supposed to be black caviar but they look and feel totally different!
The one on the right in the first pic looks more blue-black and is soft and SHINY, almost slick. The one on the left feels more textured, not slick, is black and matte.

As you can tell in the other pics, they are very different.

Please enlighten me! Is there a reason I should keep or avoid one over the other?? Thanks so much!

P1010279.jpg

P1010280.jpg

P1010281.jpg

Gorgeous Bag(s)

I am preferring:

1) Right facing
2) Front
3) Right

Strange that they are the same bag & such different caviar/treatment

Looks like the right-facing will hold it's shape better over time
and caviar will naturally soften with usage & aging

JMHO - :P

im no expert but it appears you have the same bag in the two different caviars - the softer, smooshier one, and the harder, more structured one. there are pros and cons to both, you have to decide which suites you better. many of the people here prefer the more structured caviar for their jumbos while others like the softer not as shiny caviar. you can tell from your pic of the sides of the bag that the softer caviar will give a less structured appearance to your bag, so i guess it depends on how you want the bag to look! i think it's awesome that you ended up with two different caviars to choose from, what are the odds??:P

The one on the right is just so shiny compared to the other one, that is my main dislike, and it looks bluish too .......totally random that they are so different!

^^^^Ooops! Forgot to post that the one on the left has no stuffing in it since I tried it on empty! The one on the right is totally stuffed with tissue, hence it's "structured-ness" :P

Ok, now I am even confusing myself w/ the tissue & no tissue, hehe

Why not separate them & put each one in a different room?
Try them on & then see which one speaks to you -
There are no drawbacks to either choice -
it really is all a matter of personal preference

The really shiny one is the older caviar that many people prefer. The other one is the newer washed caviar. It is soft and smooshy. I guess it just boils down to which look you prefer.