I ordered thru my boutique--ISSUE!!

emilybug

purse fickle
O.G.
Feb 21, 2010
I ordered the raisin Hamptons flap thru one of my SAs yesterday morning. It will be shipped to the store, because that's easier for me that way. I called the store today at noon to see if they have a shipping conf. # yet, and was told the bag is still "on reserve". Not satisfied, I called JAX and asked about my order. I was told it still has not shipped and is in the warehouse. Usually I get a shipping confirmation email, but still nothing. She said it will ship within 2 days from now! WTH? My orders are always shipped either same day or next day, so what's up with the delay? They could not give me any reason, and she was less than helpful. The last bag I ordered shipped 3 days late due to an internal screw up at JAX, in which I had to contact THEM to inquire about my order before they even discovered the problem and fixed it. Maybe I'm just being paranoid, but I really want my new bag by thanksgiving!

Any thoughts or reassurances??

I usually get the shipping confirmation email two days after placing orders in the store. I cannot wait to see your reveal of Hampton Flap in raisin, I'm thinking to get her, too.

Holiday season, more people shopping than usual, the week before the T day holiday so more people are off? Take your pick.

Coach.com states orders are shipped out within 2-3 working days, with a few exceptions. So even today they're within the time frame.

Last edited:
I usually get the shipping confirmation email two days after placing orders in the store. I cannot wait to see your reveal of Hampton Flap in raisin, I'm thinking to get her, too.

Same here! If I order something on Sunday at the store..I usually get a shipping confirmation Tuesday evening. Luckily, I'm in FL so I usually get the package the very next day like on Wednesday.

Grr!! That's so strange. I ordered my raisin Hobo on a Friday night (after 5pm) and my bag shipped out on Saturday! I got a shipping confirmation e-mail on Saturday night. I was super surprised by that. I figured that it wouldn't ship until Monday. So...I don't understand why, since you did order your during the week, it didn't ship right away? I can totally see it not shipping yesterday. But it should ship today. There's no reason for it not to go out today. I hope that the SA at JAX just didn't have the correct info and it is indeed going to ship today!

Be thankful you're not in Canada...or maybe just not shopping at my boutique. They put the orders in one day a week, so if I buy on Monday the order doesn't even go in until Sunday and it takes up to 6 weeks.:wacko:

Holiday season, more people shopping than usual, the week before the T day holiday so more people are off? Take your pick.

Coach.com states orders are shipped out within 2-3 working days, with a few exceptions. So even today they're within the time frame.

This is true! I guess I'm not taking into account that people might be off for the holiday! Duh, Emily. I'm just anxious! :smile:

I wonder if they don't have enough bags in immediate stock to ship. And know that another shipment is imminent and coming soon. I have seen new "backorder" dates posting on the Coach.com web site. I am not certain, of course, that this is the reason but I do wonder if it's a possibility?

I am so sorry that your bag will be delayed, my friend, knowing that you are sooo excited about this flap bag. I imagine it will ship, just not when you wanted. I feel badly for you and hope this helps? Keep us posted as we all reallllllllllly want to see your new bag!!!!!:drool: