I ordered a mystery bbag from the Scottsdale NM- help!

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I called the Scottsdale NM looking for a bbag for my daughter, she wanted something other than black or brown, and didn't want a quilted bag- sooo the SA found me a burgundy colored bag with a mirror, tassels and a front pocket approx 14 x 10 inches, with two handles- the original price was $1095. The Sa wasn't familiar with the names of the bags-- so basically I have no idea what I ordered--

My daughter is hoping it'll be a city or an office, but I think maybe it's a mini-bowling.

Does anyone know what bag this is? Thanks in advance for your help :smile::tup:

2. I'm no expert, but isnt that the price of a twiggy?

3. I think so, but does the new twiggy have a shoulder strap? The mystery bag only has the two handles and no shoulder strap :smile:

4. I had a twiggy before and it had a shoulder strap..

5. oh read your post wrong. hmm i dunno then. these sales associates should really learn their merchandise

6. I totally agree :smile: Brookelynx Thanks for your help :smile:

7. It almost certainly the mini bowling. They are part of the sale. The mini bowling is on sale for $720 and the regular bowling for $793. I called a lot of NMs this last weekend and they were all sold out of this bag. Of course out of the few I didn't call, Scottsdale and Denver had them today!

The mini bowling is very cute but doesn't have the celebrity cache of the City or twiggy. Here's more info on the MB:
    http://forum.purseblog.com/balenciaga/show-me-your-mini-bowling-thoughts-on-style-136424.html

8. thanks for your help adoptastray! It looks like a really cool bag, and it's really stunning in the Grenat color. I think she'll like it.

9. It is a cutie! I was able to find it in black and grenat. LOL, there are already some people selling them at a markup from the Neiman's sale price on ebay!

I have the City bag and as much as I love it, I do find myself fighting with the dangling strap and "ears" sometimes. The mini bowling is simpler to carry. I hope they continue to produce it in the future!

10. Sounds like the bowling not mini bowling. Think the bowling retails for $1095 and I know the mini retails for $1075. Whatever it is, hope she loves it.

11. The bowling retails $1,185 (I'm almost certain) and Neiman's marked the bowling down to $793 (1/3 off of $1,185). I found this out this last weekend when I kept trying to tell a sales associate over the phone that the mini b she was describing to me should be $720 (1/3 off of $1,075) on sale. We finally figured out we were talking about 2 different bags. LOL, I learned the pricing only after spending waaay too much time on the phone hunting for the mini b!

Z&J, congrats on finding the mini b you were looking for!!