I ordered a bag thru Gilt, now I am questioning if it is authentic

grietje

O.G.
Oct 18, 2007
I think I did--it was either them or RueLaLa. But I had no reason to question authenticity. What about it is giving you pause?

Apr 15, 2007
I have also made several BV purchases from Gilt & RLL & would ask what
is giving you a reservation about the authenticity of the bag?

You can post it on the BV authenticate thread & others will chime in...

berta

mom2 12paws
O.G.
Oct 6, 2007
So. Florida
I guess it is what was written in the description

Comes with a dust bag and pocket mirror
This product was sourced for Gilt by a trusted independent supplier.

It does not read a BV dust bag, authenticity card, and who is this trusted independent supplier.

I got so excited because this is the color and the bag I was looking for and jumped on it without thinking. Now I am over thinking.

And The straps look really thick...

Attachments

Apr 15, 2007
I don't believe Gilt would disclose their independent supplier to you.

Did you receive the BV dust bag & other items?

You very well may be over thinking this, but sure you want to know you have
an authentic bag

berta

mom2 12paws
O.G.
Oct 6, 2007
So. Florida
She should be arriving soon. I'll post pictures when she arrives. I will just feel foolish until she gets here.

NYCgirl

O.G.
Oct 29, 2006
Do you have it yet? When you do, have it authenticized for peace of mind. To me, the straps look normal for a Campana.

jburgh

BV ~ Ferragamo ~ TODs
Authenticator
O.G.
Aug 17, 2007
In the Forest
I have several bags from Gilt, all authentic. They will not tell you where they came from, could have been overstock from a department store, or an independent boutique that closed (think Shirise, still sad they closed).

I am moving this to the shopping sub-forum.

berta

mom2 12paws
O.G.
Oct 6, 2007
So. Florida
She was delivered today. All seemed fine, BV dust bag, authenticity number and little care instruction envelope just like my other bag, and mirror. She is a bit wrinkled at the base of the handles, smaller than I thought. I just think I will forfeit buying higher end bags from flash sales like Gilt. Somehow the excitement of her delivery was faded a bit. Can't get the photo posted because of the size limits, bot that's okay too.

How ever everything else is just fine.