I officially started my 'one nice item per month' purchase:

Very cute coat and what a great idea. I have been inspired as well. I almost bought some "crap" the other night, but remembered your thread and told myself to hold out for one nice thing instead of several things that I would probably only wear once.

Very cute coat and what a great idea. I have been inspired as well. I almost bought some "crap" the other night, but remembered your thread and told myself to hold out for one nice thing instead of several things that I would probably only wear once.

I'm glad you remembered my other thread! :smile: I actually feel more satisfied that I bought this one item and when I tried it on, it just fit soooo nice, I felt like a million bucks! Just this week I got rid of 3 bags of clothes/accessories at a consignment store. It felt so liberating to get rid of all that. Next month I'll go through my winter stuff and consign that and I'll slowly rebuild my wardrobe with better things. I'm so excited to be doing this and wish I did it sooner!! :idea:

I loved your other thread and here is my buy for the month. Vince ponte pants from SFA. I am so over leggings and thought these would be a nice alternative for fall/winter. They were on sale too.

I just got them in the mail today btw, and they fit very nicely and will definitely be able to use these for many different occasions. I figure I'll wear with my Chanel flats for a casual day or dress them up with some stilletos for night;)

^^ Those are great....way better than leggings because they're not too clingy around the ankles, so they're more slimming IMO-Vince makes really nice things. Thanks for sharing!! :smile:

I love your idea! I will try that, too. Maybe that will help me budget better and splurge on nicer stuff! Do remember to post your item next month! Can't wait to see it!

Luckygirl83, good luck in your efforts too!

I would love to post my purchases as I slowly rebuild my wardrobe-I think it's a great idea and I hope you all join in posting your 'one nice item' if you all try this as well. It will be a lot of fun and in the long run we'll save money. When we open our closet doors, we won't have a closet full of nothing to wear! Good luck to all of you joining in with me!!! :tup:

Remember, less is more!!! ;)

Some girls from my office all hit up a sale at Belk yesterday and came in to work today wearing their new finds. They were bragging about finding shoes for $20 and shirts for $7 and told me that I should go. When I replied that I am saving up for one nice thing I have been wanting, they looked at me like I had ten heads! It was like they couldn't imagine why I would pass on buying a bunch of things that I didn't really want just because they were on sale. It is going to feel so much more gratifying to know that I am going to have a cashmere sweater that I not only love love love but will last me forever. :smile:

Last edited: