I now think that my quilted bowler is a VERY good fake...

Wow, SuLi this is truly heartbreaking! I'm so sorry this happened to you! I think the letter you wrote to the seller was perfect, you explained yourself very clearly and there's no reason the seller shouldn't refund your money.
I will be thinking of you and hoping that all will work out! Keep us up to date!

I'm really sorry about your bag...not to defend the seller or anything, but do you think it's a possiblity that maybe the inside zipper broke and she tried to replace it with another one....?

I doubt that's the case. I once asked a seller for pictures of the zipper heads of what looked like a perfect '05 stam. She kept sending me all sorts of pictures of the bag from different angles until I finally said, "NO. ZIPPER HEAD PICTURES PLEASE." Then her camera suddenly wasn't working. I wonder if it was the same seller.

I hope everything works out. good luck. :heart:

Madzia - even if that is the case, that she replaced the zipper, she should have mentioned in it the auction.

Thanks for the support everyone. I just checked my e-mail and she has yet to respond.

How long should I give her to respond?

The auction ended last Monday, so I still have time. I'm assuming that if I don't hear back from her, the best recourse is to talk to Paypal first before eBay? I'm also a little worried because of the way I paid her - I had a $200 balance in my Paypal account from something that I sold earlier, and my boyfriend gave me a Paypal gift certificate for my birthday which covered the rest, so theoretically, I did not use my CC. Huge worry...my boyfriend did however use his AMEX card to pay for the gift certificate, so maybe he can at least get his money back.

I'm really hoping this gets resolved soon, with the best possible outcome.

And again, thank you ALL so much for your support. It really means a lot to me.

SuLi, your letter was excellent. It was a good idea to support your claim by providing references. I would give her until tomorrow to respond, as some ebay sellers don't always check over the weekend. If no response by tomorrow afternoon, then file with Paypal. I think CC is out of the question because you used your Paypal funds to pay for the the transaction. And I agree about the zipper, if it was replaced, she should have mentioned it in the auction.

I am hoping the best for you!!

At this point in time, I would definitely not buy the claim of the seller having the zipper replaced. I just looked at the listing again, this item was listed as brand new with tags, not used.

You can give her another day or two (end of tomorrow maybe)? Keep us updated, we are here for you. Good luck. =)

Madzia - even if that is the case, that she replaced the zipper, she should have mentioned in it the auction.

Thanks for the support everyone. I just checked my e-mail and she has yet to respond.

How long should I give her to respond?

Oh SuLi! I feels so bad for you! This is AWFUL!!! I would contact Paypal at once...I can't believe the seller has not responded..meaning she/he knows what the deal is..I would email the seller again and tell them you have waited a timely fashion for a response and you will now take recourse through Paypal/Ebay...Good luck! We all feel bad for you! Keep us posted!!! :heart: Emmy

At this point in time, I would definitely not buy the claim of the seller having the zipper replaced. I just looked at the listing again, this item was listed as brand new with tags, not used.

You can give her another day or two (end of tomorrow maybe)? Keep us updated, we are here for you. Good luck. =)

I don't think the seller actually said that, I was just trying to be hopeful....

I found the original thread with the ebay link, and the listing seems fishy to me. Nowhere in it does the seller claim that the item is authentic...and it's a private listing...for some reason that always concerns me with new eBay users... This seller seemed to have quite a few of the private listings... Sorry Suli, I hope you get your money back, but I'm guessing it will be an all out battle with paypal if the seller doesn't cooperate.

I've had a paypal battle with a fake MJ once. I claimed that the bag wasn't authentic and had to get PP a letter stating why. No one I asked wanted to do this for me but you guys directed me to CarolDiva.com
She ended up writting a letter for me to PP and I got my money back :smile:

One good thing came out of my battle, I found you guys :smile:

Good luck and keep us posted Suli.

SuLi, how terrible for you :sad: *lots of hugs* this situation will resolve itself one way or another! Your e-mail was very well-written and you're being a lot more diplomatic than you should :P I wish you the best, keep us posted on your situation!!!!

Hi everyone -

I checked my e-mail this morning, and this is what she wrote back:

"That handbag was purchased at a Marc Jacobs store. Im very concerned about what you are saying of the interior zipper.If you please can send me a picture of the zippers with the issue. I dont have a problem issuing a refund as long as I get the same handbag I sent you in new condition and unworn.Sorry for the inconvenience. This is the first time I have an issue with a MJ handbag."

The kicker is, I DID send her pictures...a ton of pictures. So, I will have to send them to her again to spell it out. What gets me is the whole "the same handbag" line that she used. I can understand the "bait and switch" thing, but I'm just so annoyed by the suggestion right now, seeing how I thought my e-mail was incredibly diplomatic.

I really just want to get rid of it and get my money back.

I don't think the seller actually said that, I was just trying to be hopeful....

I found the original thread with the ebay link, and the listing seems fishy to me. Nowhere in it does the seller claim that the item is authentic...and it's a private listing...for some reason that always concerns me with new eBay users... This seller seemed to have quite a few of the private listings... Sorry Suli, I hope you get your money back, but I'm guessing it will be an all out battle with paypal if the seller doesn't cooperate.

I've had a paypal battle with a fake MJ once. I claimed that the bag wasn't authentic and had to get PP a letter stating why. No one I asked wanted to do this for me but you guys directed me to CarolDiva.com
She ended up writting a letter for me to PP and I got my money back :smile:

One good thing came out of my battle, I found you guys :smile:

Good luck and keep us posted Suli.

I noticed the same thing, about her not stating that the bag was authentic, and sent her an e-mail asking about it. She guaranteed it, and said that she has a money back policy.