I need your vote!

lubird217

O.G.
Mar 3, 2008
I'm deciding between 2 different Van Cleef & Arpels earrings -

vintage white mother of pearl studs ($2450)

OR

magic alhambra ($5350)

I have the 10-motif white mother of pearl necklace so I immediately leaned towards the studs but the more I think about it, the magic alhambra are growing on me. (ahh, the magic!)

I'm factoring price into the equation - it is double... but I'm thinking studs are easy to copy (for some reason this bothers me, I feel like I could wear that beautiful necklace with pearls too and be fine). I think the magic alhambra are quite unique and would look so great with all black clothing for the rest of my life.

I really can't decide.

On the other hand, the studs make me have a matching set of sorts. Not to do the math by price per motif but for double the price, I'm getting 4 more clovers! In pretty colors!

I know it may seem like I'm leaning one way, but I'm really 50-50 and totally confused. I'd really appreciate your help. You ladies are what got me on board! I'm getting in on this before the May price increase!!
TIA! :idea:

Then

I'm sorry! I forgot to post the pictures.

I couldn't find the mother of pearl, so here are the vintage studs in onyx black.

Thanks!!

Attachments

• magic_alhambra_earclips5500.jpg
    magic_alhambra_earclips5500.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 79
  • earrings2450.jpeg
    earrings2450.jpeg
    15.9 KB · Views: 64
i have the 10 motifs and 20 motifs vintage necklaces and i bought the studs because they are much easier to match with things. i like the magic line but i am not if i wanna spend that much on a pair of earrings. JMHO.

whichever you get i am sure you are going to enjoy!

I like the look of the magic better, but given that they are dangly, I know I would wear them less. So I guess I might go for the studs so that I could wear and enjoy them more.

I think the magic are beautiful and I can see why you really like them. However, if I were in your position, I would go for the studs b/c they seem like something I would be able to wear everyday/quite often. I guess you can say, you stretch the money further by how often you wear the earrings. So I guess a good question to ask yourself is, which pair would I see myself wearing more often/almost everyday? If, for you, it turns out that the magic earrings are the answer, then perhaps that's the route you should go!

Good luck and whatever your decision, you are bound to end up with something beautiful (as you already know ;)).

Diana

Hard choice, I love both! I have to say, though, that the studs seem like they are better suited to everyday wear. The magic earrings seem like more of a special-occasion look. It depends on what you need- everyday or special occasion?