I need your suggestions ladies!

semc7

Jan 31, 2012
Hi all! My Dad wants to get my mum a Mulberry bag and purse for her birthday next month. She's really fussy about bags and purses and very worryingly he has asked my sister rather than me (who doesn't own anything Mulberry) to look for him. She is clueless so needs me to help...

She wants a bag with lots of pockets (don't think they do anything like that since the Roxanne?) quite big and with a long strap. I know she likes my Alexa so I was thinking maybe an oversized oak Alexa?

I've not got a clue about the purse. She would want a big one with lots of space for cards etc.

Help! All suggestions welcome.

Hi all! My Dad wants to get my mum a Mulberry bag and purse for her birthday next month. She's really fussy about bags and purses and very worryingly he has asked my sister rather than me (who doesn't own anything Mulberry) to look for him. She is clueless so needs me to help...

She wants a bag with lots of pockets (don't think they do anything like that since the Roxanne?) quite big and with a long strap. I know she likes my Alexa so I was thinking maybe an oversized oak Alexa?

I've not got a clue about the purse. She would want a big one with lots of space for cards etc.

It's a lovely thought from your dad, but if your mum is so fussy perhaps he should surprise her on her birthday with a trip to a Mulb shop so she can pick herself?
Personally I'd hate someone else to pick a bag or purse for me, I sometimes even get it wrong myself and end up selling on ebay!!

It's a lovely thought from your dad, but if your mum is so fussy perhaps he should surprise her on her birthday with a trip to a Mulb shop so she can pick herself?
Personally I'd hate someone else to pick a bag or purse for me, I sometimes even get it wrong myself and end up selling on ebay!!

I'm the same! It's a shame actually because she wanted to look online with me when they have their next sale. If my Dad had consulted me I would have told him this!!

I'm the same! It's a shame actually because she wanted to look online with me when they have their next sale. If my Dad had consulted me I would have told him this!!

Men eh, think they know best!! Would your dad be offended if she ended up swapping it?
Or maybe you could just quietly have a word with your mum and get her to choose a couple of styles she likes which you could suggest to your dad without letting on to him that you asked your mum? It would spoil the surprise for your mum, but then she'd be excited waiting to get it!!

I think Trout bag is the best option according to what you has described. It has 2 pockets in front, 1 in the back and inside too. I don't remember exactly but ladies here can help you. I love the leather, soft but structure, classic bag and very practical too.

I think Trout bag is the best option according to what you has described. It has 2 pockets in front, 1 in the back and inside too. I don't remember exactly but ladies here can help you. I love the leather, soft but structure, classic bag and very practical too.

You are a genius! The Trout is perfect. What a gorgeous bag!

Men eh, think they know best!! Would your dad be offended if she ended up swapping it?
Or maybe you could just quietly have a word with your mum and get her to choose a couple of styles she likes which you could suggest to your dad without letting on to him that you asked your mum? It would spoil the surprise for your mum, but then she'd be excited waiting to get it!!

He will want it to be a surprise. Lucky that I spoke to her recently about what she would want in a Mulberry really!

Sounds like a continental purse would be perfect and has plenty of room for cards, coins and a receipt. I second the trout, it's an absolutely beautiful bag and one that'll get better with age.

Last edited:
Sounds like a continental purse would be perfect and has plenty of room for cards, coins and a receipt. I second the trout, it's an absolutley beautiful bag and one that'll get better with age.

we are 100% going with the trout now, it's beautiful! i'm kinda jealous of her now!! haha.

also had my eye on the continental :smile: it looks good!

Another vote for Trout! As soon as you said 'pockets' Trout came to mind for me. Someone recently revealed a black one on here and it was lovely... The leather looked TDF!!

you can see here what i ended up ordering for her!

2u5ucdk.png

thank you SO much for your suggestions, i hadn't even heard of the trout before you all recommended it. her birthday is the 9th of Feb so i'll update you on what she thinks!