I need your opinions : is Chanel really for me?

When I first saw the m/l IRL, I tried to fit some of the contents of my purse and quickly realized it wasn't for me as a day bag. I would sell your Chanels if you're not using them. And as others suggested, go to a store and try out the larger flaps.

You have the small classics, please do try a jumbo or 227.. Also, Chanel's totes are roomy and incomparably beautiful, try a few different ones before you write Chanel off.. You won't be sorry.

Hi - and sorry to hear you aren't in love with your current bags.

Do you live near a department store or Boutique where you can try on the Jumbo size? I use this as an every day bag and find that it fits pretty much all i need to carry for the day to work.

The beauty of the handbag world is that there is a brand/bag for everyone; and while i'm a Chanel devotee; it is better to find something that works for you and your lifestyle (not something you force yourself to have).

Give the Jumbo a try :smile:

Thank you very much for all of your inputs. I do appreciate them .I think I will give a Classic Jumbo a try. I will not give up on Chanel yet. Hope this is the right bag for me.

I don't plan to sell the two flaps I currently own since it holds a sentimental value to me. I think Chanel m/l is good for evening bag so that is still very much needed in my collection. :smile:

So Jumbo will be my next purchase when I achieve my planned goal. I tend to buy Chanel only when I achieve sth special in my life so that the flaps can hold a lot more sentimental value to me. ;)

So yes !!! I'm saving up for the classic jumbo from now on. :P

Dearest girl, the jumbo is beautiful but to be honest with u, it's is v heavy and u can't actually fit that much inside. I own one and the weight is quite a lot to bear when you fit only the necessities inside (long wallet, compact, iPhone, tissue, lipstick for me). I can't even put sunnies in. So I have gotten a seasonal large roomy flap as my everyday bag and I'm v happy with it.

A seasonal flap or reissue 227 are good choices. If you search around you will find a beautiful Chanel bag that you love and best suit your daily needs.

Btw my m/l flap is a weekend/dinner bag too - like u say, it is not really an 'everyday bag' cos it can't really fit much.

Yes the reissue 227 is physically the closest size to jumbo but can fit a lot more without stretching it out of shape. Give it a try.

Sent from my iPhone using PurseForum mobile app

Hello ladies. I m uncertain if I should buy any more Chanel flaps. Don't get me wrong I totally love the look whenever I see people carrying their Chanel flaps. However, when I use them I just feel uncomfortable due to its super compact sizes. I honestly think it isn't practical and I'm not liking it as much as when I'm carrying my Balenciaga bags. ( I use the new balenciaga studs bags so they are very light and comfortable.)

I currently own two Chanel Flaps which are a Classic m/l in black caviar with silver hardware and a rectangular 8" mini classic flap in navy blue caviar. These two bags I have are very small for me. I actually love the look of m/l size on me since so classy but I m not going to lie. Everytime I use it I can't fit my essential enough. As a result, I just let them sit on my closet most of the time. Not to mention mini flap that I find super small for my liking. I love the fact that they are lightweight and so classy. But it can't even fit my long wallet .!!!!!

Having said all this I am not a big bag person at all, but I find these two flaps are only good for evening bags or special occasions. From this mentioned experience , it makes me feel unsure if Chanel Flaps are really for me. I love the look of those flaps on others but why when I use them I feel that they are impractical. Or this is because I choose the wrong size for Chanel flaps ?

I'm debating so hard if I should save and get a classic jumbo flap or reissue 226. Should I give it another try ? What I'm afraid is that firstly I hate heavy bag, and I have heard so many time that Chanel classic jumbo is so heavy. I plan to get jumbo in caviar only due to its durability If I find it heavy, I'm sure I'm not going to use it often again.And for reissue 226, I'm afraid if I will find it too small again , and not sure about how the bag would hold up in the long run.

Should I buy any flaps? If so which one you would recommend? Or you ladies think that I shouldn't buy anymore Chanel bags for now?

Thank you for answering.
It sounds like you like more practicality with your bags. When I wear a flap bag for the day, I am not trying to be comfortable/practical, and I don't carry too much (especially when I am carrying the M/L size)...

I think you have the M/L flap, which is classic and will give you your fix for the flaps. The Jumbo is a great bag (and does fit a tad bit more) but based on your sentiments for the ML I would shy from it. Hope this advice helps :smile:

Perhaps the flap is not suitable for you, maybe try some totes instead. Having own a flap, GST, hobo and WOCs, I just love the lightweight hobo and WOCs and not the flap. Moreover my flap is the seasonal In The Business flap, quite large but still can't fit what I normally carry in a tote.

Hello ladies. I m uncertain if I should buy any more Chanel flaps. Don't get me wrong I totally love the look whenever I see people carrying their Chanel flaps. However, when I use them I just feel uncomfortable due to its super compact sizes. I honestly think it isn't practical and I'm not liking it as much as when I'm carrying my Balenciaga bags. ( I use the new balenciaga studs bags so they are very light and comfortable.)

I currently own two Chanel Flaps which are a Classic m/l in black caviar with silver hardware and a rectangular 8" mini classic flap in navy blue caviar. These two bags I have are very small for me. I actually love the look of m/l size on me since so classy but I m not going to lie. Everytime I use it I can't fit my essential enough. As a result, I just let them sit on my closet most of the time. Not to mention mini flap that I find super small for my liking. I love the fact that they are lightweight and so classy. But it can't even fit my long wallet .!!!!!

Having said all this I am not a big bag person at all, but I find these two flaps are only good for evening bags or special occasions. From this mentioned experience , it makes me feel unsure if Chanel Flaps are really for me. I love the look of those flaps on others but why when I use them I feel that they are impractical. Or this is because I choose the wrong size for Chanel flaps ?

I'm debating so hard if I should save and get a classic jumbo flap or reissue 226. Should I give it another try ? What I'm afraid is that firstly I hate heavy bag, and I have heard so many time that Chanel classic jumbo is so heavy. I plan to get jumbo in caviar only due to its durability If I find it heavy, I'm sure I'm not going to use it often again.And for reissue 226, I'm afraid if I will find it too small again , and not sure about how the bag would hold up in the long run.

Should I buy any flaps? If so which one you would recommend? Or you ladies think that I shouldn't buy anymore Chanel bags for now?

Thank you for answering.
I can relate I purchased three jumbo flaps and sold all three and find myself wanting one again?? Why? I am not sure. I love the look of the bag but the cross body is way too long for me and I also find it tough to get in and out of. I do, however, love the small tote bags. They work great. I would sell your flaps then go into the boutique and try on a few styles before you give up on Chanel.

I think you should visit the store and try on or model some options. I'm hesitant when it comes to small/large bags but I usually talk to a SA and they are more than willing to help you when your trying to debate if it will work for your needs. Give it a try and good luck!

I think you should visit the store and try on or model some options. I'm hesitant when it comes to small/large bags but I usually talk to a SA and they are more than willing to help you when your trying to debate if it will work for your needs. Give it a try and good luck!

Agreed! Try on the bags with all your stuff inside and walk around the store for a bit to see if it is a bag you can see yourself carrying :smile: