I need your opinions : is Chanel really for me?

*schmoo*

Jul 27, 2008
When I first saw the m/l IRL, I tried to fit some of the contents of my purse and quickly realized it wasn't for me as a day bag. I would sell your Chanels if you're not using them. And as others suggested, go to a store and try out the larger flaps.

TheNordstrom Anniversary Saleis NOW open to ICON card members.Click or tap to shop the Nordstrom sale!
P.S. Don't forget to join the activeNAS 2020 thread.

taram2014

Jun 1, 2014
Hi - and sorry to hear you aren't in love with your current bags.

Do you live near a department store or Boutique where you can try on the Jumbo size? I use this as an every day bag and find that it fits pretty much all i need to carry for the day to work.

The beauty of the handbag world is that there is a brand/bag for everyone; and while i'm a Chanel devotee; it is better to find something that works for you and your lifestyle (not something you force yourself to have).

Give the Jumbo a try :smile:

peace1029

Jul 20, 2010
Since you already have 2 flaps, why not consider other styles? :smile: If you're still keen in Chanel that is.
The GST seems spacious :smile:

Dearest girl

Louis Vuitton•Chanel• Balenciaga
Oct 5, 2012
Thank you very much for all of your inputs. I do appreciate them .I think I will give a Classic Jumbo a try. I will not give up on Chanel yet. Hope this is the right bag for me.

I don't plan to sell the two flaps I currently own since it holds a sentimental value to me. I think Chanel m/l is good for evening bag so that is still very much needed in my collection. :smile:

So Jumbo will be my next purchase when I achieve my planned goal. I tend to buy Chanel only when I achieve sth special in my life so that the flaps can hold a lot more sentimental value to me. ;)

So yes !!! I'm saving up for the classic jumbo from now on. :P

Daosabao

Daydreamer
Oct 23, 2012
Lalaland
Dearest girl, the jumbo is beautiful but to be honest with u, it's is v heavy and u can't actually fit that much inside. I own one and the weight is quite a lot to bear when you fit only the necessities inside (long wallet, compact, iPhone, tissue, lipstick for me). I can't even put sunnies in. So I have gotten a seasonal large roomy flap as my everyday bag and I'm v happy with it.

A seasonal flap or reissue 227 are good choices. If you search around you will find a beautiful Chanel bag that you love and best suit your daily needs.

Btw my m/l flap is a weekend/dinner bag too - like u say, it is not really an 'everyday bag' cos it can't really fit much.

bunnyr

100jellybeans
Jul 17, 2012
Yes the reissue 227 is physically the closest size to jumbo but can fit a lot more without stretching it out of shape. Give it a try.

Sent from my iPhone using PurseForum mobile app

PWD

May 12, 2014
Rochester, New York
Hello ladies. I m uncertain if I should buy any more Chanel flaps. Don't get me wrong I totally love the look whenever I see people carrying their Chanel flaps. However, when I use them I just feel uncomfortable due to its super compact sizes. I honestly think it isn't practical and I'm not liking it as much as when I'm carrying my Balenciaga bags. ( I use the new balenciaga studs bags so they are very light and comfortable.)

I currently own two Chanel Flaps which are a Classic m/l in black caviar with silver hardware and a rectangular 8" mini classic flap in navy blue caviar. These two bags I have are very small for me. I actually love the look of m/l size on me since so classy but I m not going to lie. Everytime I use it I can't fit my essential enough. As a result, I just let them sit on my closet most of the time. Not to mention mini flap that I find super small for my liking. I love the fact that they are lightweight and so classy. But it can't even fit my long wallet .!!!!!

Having said all this I am not a big bag person at all, but I find these two flaps are only good for evening bags or special occasions. From this mentioned experience , it makes me feel unsure if Chanel Flaps are really for me. I love the look of those flaps on others but why when I use them I feel that they are impractical. Or this is because I choose the wrong size for Chanel flaps ?

I'm debating so hard if I should save and get a classic jumbo flap or reissue 226. Should I give it another try ? What I'm afraid is that firstly I hate heavy bag, and I have heard so many time that Chanel classic jumbo is so heavy. I plan to get jumbo in caviar only due to its durability If I find it heavy, I'm sure I'm not going to use it often again.And for reissue 226, I'm afraid if I will find it too small again , and not sure about how the bag would hold up in the long run.

Should I buy any flaps? If so which one you would recommend? Or you ladies think that I shouldn't buy anymore Chanel bags for now?

Thank you for answering.
It sounds like you like more practicality with your bags. When I wear a flap bag for the day, I am not trying to be comfortable/practical, and I don't carry too much (especially when I am carrying the M/L size)...

I think you have the M/L flap, which is classic and will give you your fix for the flaps. The Jumbo is a great bag (and does fit a tad bit more) but based on your sentiments for the ML I would shy from it. Hope this advice helps :smile:

nvie

29 countries...
O.G.
Oct 30, 2006
Asia
Perhaps the flap is not suitable for you, maybe try some totes instead. Having own a flap, GST, hobo and WOCs, I just love the lightweight hobo and WOCs and not the flap. Moreover my flap is the seasonal In The Business flap, quite large but still can't fit what I normally carry in a tote.

luv2run41

May 30, 2012
Hello ladies. I m uncertain if I should buy any more Chanel flaps. Don't get me wrong I totally love the look whenever I see people carrying their Chanel flaps. However, when I use them I just feel uncomfortable due to its super compact sizes. I honestly think it isn't practical and I'm not liking it as much as when I'm carrying my Balenciaga bags. ( I use the new balenciaga studs bags so they are very light and comfortable.)

I currently own two Chanel Flaps which are a Classic m/l in black caviar with silver hardware and a rectangular 8" mini classic flap in navy blue caviar. These two bags I have are very small for me. I actually love the look of m/l size on me since so classy but I m not going to lie. Everytime I use it I can't fit my essential enough. As a result, I just let them sit on my closet most of the time. Not to mention mini flap that I find super small for my liking. I love the fact that they are lightweight and so classy. But it can't even fit my long wallet .!!!!!

Having said all this I am not a big bag person at all, but I find these two flaps are only good for evening bags or special occasions. From this mentioned experience , it makes me feel unsure if Chanel Flaps are really for me. I love the look of those flaps on others but why when I use them I feel that they are impractical. Or this is because I choose the wrong size for Chanel flaps ?

I'm debating so hard if I should save and get a classic jumbo flap or reissue 226. Should I give it another try ? What I'm afraid is that firstly I hate heavy bag, and I have heard so many time that Chanel classic jumbo is so heavy. I plan to get jumbo in caviar only due to its durability If I find it heavy, I'm sure I'm not going to use it often again.And for reissue 226, I'm afraid if I will find it too small again , and not sure about how the bag would hold up in the long run.

Should I buy any flaps? If so which one you would recommend? Or you ladies think that I shouldn't buy anymore Chanel bags for now?

Thank you for answering.
I can relate I purchased three jumbo flaps and sold all three and find myself wanting one again?? Why? I am not sure. I love the look of the bag but the cross body is way too long for me and I also find it tough to get in and out of. I do, however, love the small tote bags. They work great. I would sell your flaps then go into the boutique and try on a few styles before you give up on Chanel.

lexi718

Jun 18, 2014
South Orange County, CA
I think you should visit the store and try on or model some options. I'm hesitant when it comes to small/large bags but I usually talk to a SA and they are more than willing to help you when your trying to debate if it will work for your needs. Give it a try and good luck!

Princess.T

Sep 5, 2013
I think you should visit the store and try on or model some options. I'm hesitant when it comes to small/large bags but I usually talk to a SA and they are more than willing to help you when your trying to debate if it will work for your needs. Give it a try and good luck!
Agreed! Try on the bags with all your stuff inside and walk around the store for a bit to see if it is a bag you can see yourself carrying :smile: