I need your opinion, keep GST or…?

sayakayumi

Aphrodite A
O.G.
Jul 18, 2010
Hello Chanel forum, I need some help…

My DH just gifted me a blue GST which I love, but when I try on, it keeps falling off my shoulder and I think it’s a little heavy :sad:

I was looking for an everyday tote to carry my stuff and my kid’s stuff, GST fits the bill but it’s so heavy and boxy, I’m so used to LV being light and comfy but DH says it has to be Chanel. I’m not about to discourage his feelings on this, so my question is:

-Is there another Chanel tote/roomy purse you can recommend? or

-Should I work with the GST and try to get used to it?

Thanks for any comments you may have on this...

the Cerf tote may be another option...do you live near a store that sells Chanel so you can try on...theres nothing like seeing IRL...i happen to adore GST's but YOU have to love it! good luck!

Hi joansie, I really like the Cerf tote, it’s very elegant and understated, but DH said it was too plain and boring and that GST has more personality.

I’ll go into the boutique this weekend to see what else they have, I’ve also seen a reissue tote (sorry don’t know the name) but it was in patent and I prefer leather. I’ll look at the cerf tote again, thanks for your response :smile:

Any more suggestions? ... anyone? ... anyone?

I know the GST can be a lil' heavy...but it is such a gorgeous bag that holds so much!! Congrats on getting it in beautiful blue!! And if you cross the straps at the top, it will stay on your shoulder so much better!! :tup:

Thank you *MJ* - it is such a gorgeous bag, I’m leaning towards keeping it because I might regret it if I let it go, I’ll try crossing the straps and see if it stays.

Here’s my tiny Chanel "collection", I got the flap last year and the blue GST is a nice variation… maybe I should lift weights and reshape my shoulders or wear velcro on my bra straps :lol:

Unless I find something better this weekend…

Attachments

• blue gst.jpg
    blue gst.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 693
wow that blue is stunning! :drool::drool:

the other option that i can suggest is maybe the medallion tote?

but wow that blue is pretty! :P

let us know what you decide on ;)

wow that blue is stunning! :drool::drool:

the other option that i can suggest is maybe the medallion tote?

but wow that blue is pretty! :P

let us know what you decide on ;)
Thank you piglett, the blue is quite pretty :love: and I haven't found anything else I like more, so I guess I'll be keeping it.

So ironic, i bought the GST in navy blue yesterday and have been changing my mind all night, i think i'm going to return it for something else, the shoulder strap keeps falling off!! Its seems like just an uncomfortable bag.