I need your help!

rose10

O.G.
Aug 12, 2011
I have a rule in place while buying bags now to keep my "bag habits" in control! i am able to get a Kate Spade bag at 50% off, but i need to sacrifice either the Ocelot Phoebe for it or the Midnight Oak Phoebe for it.

I do have another phoebe as well in BV, that is used and i adore her, she ain't going nowhere!

What would you do? Yay or Nay to the Kate Spate Fairlee?

tingelyhandbags.com/wp-content/uploads/kate-spade-new-york-Sedgwick-Place-Fairlee-Shoulder-BagBlackOne-Size-0.jpg

ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/81IprZ1P4lL._UX500_.jpg

tingelyhandbags.com/wp-content/uploads/Coach-Madison-Phoebe-Shoulder-Bag-in-Ocelot-0-0.jpg

Please help me!

P.S i do not have the Purseforum app and thought this would work for attaching the images....

I have a rule in place while buying bags now to keep my "bag habits" in control! i am able to get a Kate Spade bag at 50% off, but i need to sacrifice either the Ocelot Phoebe for it or the Midnight Oak Phoebe for it.

I do have another phoebe as well in BV, that is used and i adore her, she ain't going nowhere!

What would you do? Yay or Nay to the Kate Spate Fairlee?

tingelyhandbags.com/wp-content/uploads/kate-spade-new-york-Sedgwick-Place-Fairlee-Shoulder-BagBlackOne-Size-0.jpg

ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/81IprZ1P4lL._UX500_.jpg

tingelyhandbags.com/wp-content/uploads/Coach-Madison-Phoebe-Shoulder-Bag-in-Ocelot-0-0.jpg

Please help me!

P.S i do not have the Purseforum app and thought this would work for attaching the images....
While I do like the KS bag, and since you already have two Phoebes I might opt for that. WhT would stop me is that there is Jo leather shoulder padding at the top - a must have IMO for comfort.

Check it out - perfect size, perfect usage, fits just great on the shoulder! I love that bag. Selling my TB Reva on EBay as it didn't measure up. That's how much I like it!

I do plan on using the Kate Spade Fairlee as a formal bag only, so i know i will not load it up..I like the looks of it but like my Phoebes too. I just cannot get the KS without letting one go from my collection, it gets out of control otherwise ;)

Personally I would probably get rid of the ocelot Phoebe. It is more trendy. I think you would get more use out of the midnight oak.

IMO a quilted black leather bag is a perfect evening bag and a wonderful addition to any collection.

How much do you use ocelot and midnight oak phoebes, and do they fill specific needs/categories in your collection? Do you have another brown bag or another fun print? Since you're using the Kate spade as a formal bag, do you have another formal bag that already meets that need, or do you need the KS to do that? If all three bags have their own place in your collection, I would just buy the KS and not worry about selling. If you have multiple bags that are interchangeable for a purpose and one gets ignored in favor of others, I would sell that.

How much do you use ocelot and midnight oak phoebes, and do they fill specific needs/categories in your collection? Do you have another brown bag or another fun print? Since you're using the Kate spade as a formal bag, do you have another formal bag that already meets that need, or do you need the KS to do that? If all three bags have their own place in your collection, I would just buy the KS and not worry about selling. If you have multiple bags that are interchangeable for a purpose and one gets ignored in favor of others, I would sell that.

I use my BV phoebe everyday as a regular workhorse and love it! The Midnight Oak and Ocelot Phoebe are both new, untouched, was saving them for fall i guess. I do have a Louis Vuitton Artsy, in the brown bag category, no other fun print, i have little use for them. I have formal use wristlets but the KS would be my first formal evening bag, and i do think i like it better than most others i have seen in the area of formal bags alone.

I will be returning either the Ocelot phoebe or the Midnight Oak phoebe to the Factory Store as they are unused, tags on, sitting in my closet so no hassle of selling online. I at one time had 70+ bags and i did not like the feeling that came with it, so hence i NEED to follow the One bag in, One bag out rule..Thanks for weighing in though, you raised some valid points!

Personally I would probably get rid of the ocelot Phoebe. It is more trendy. I think you would get more use out of the midnight oak.

IMO a quilted black leather bag is a perfect evening bag and a wonderful addition to any collection.

Thanks Whateve, I do like the KS as a formal bag and do think that it will stand the test of time rather than looking dated,hat's another reason i like my Phoebes, i think they will age well not only as a handbag but from a style perspective too.

I love the Ocelot Phoebe. I think the Ocelot print is stunning on this bag. So if you return the Midnight Oak bag, then you will have two Phoebes: one in leather (your Black Violet) and the other in fabric/leather trim (Ocelot). I think the Ocelot gives it a different look and I prefer last fall's Ocelot to this season's anyway :smile:

So, it's decided. You'll return the Midnight Oak Phoebe and get the Kate Spade.

That was easy :biggrin:

I use my BV phoebe everyday as a regular workhorse and love it! The Midnight Oak and Ocelot Phoebe are both new, untouched, was saving them for fall i guess. I do have a Louis Vuitton Artsy, in the brown bag category, no other fun print, i have little use for them. I have formal use wristlets but the KS would be my first formal evening bag, and i do think i like it better than most others i have seen in the area of formal bags alone.

I will be returning either the Ocelot phoebe or the Midnight Oak phoebe to the Factory Store as they are unused, tags on, sitting in my closet so no hassle of selling online. I at one time had 70+ bags and i did not like the feeling that came with it, so hence i NEED to follow the One bag in, One bag out rule..Thanks for weighing in though, you raised some valid points!

No problem, I've been weeding my collection and just listed some of the questions I've been asking myself, haha. Considering you have the Artsy, I almost want to say return the midnight oak, but I guess it's a question of how much you love the ocelot; even if you don't have much opportunity to use the ocelot, it's nice to have a fun bag that you love for variety. If you're not completely smitten with the ocelot, then the midnight oak is the practical and still gorgeous choice, and gives you a leather option for brown bags. Personally, I prefer phoebe in leather, so midnight oak would be my choice.

It was not an easy decision, but it has been made! While i do love the ocelot print phoebe, i think it is a little too bold for me, i do have the ocelot wristlet and coin pouch in the same print and i love using them, but the ocelot phoebe went back.

I like the KS for more formal occasions, but think that the small phoebe in midnight oak will be versatile enough to wear on numerous occasions and will go with almost anything, plus its leather..

Thank you ladies for weighing in, you all gave sound advise and raised some very valid and practical points! All of your help is much appreciated!!

It was not an easy decision, but it has been made! While i do love the ocelot print phoebe, i think it is a little too bold for me, i do have the ocelot wristlet and coin pouch in the same print and i love using them, but the ocelot phoebe went back.

I like the KS for more formal occasions, but think that the small phoebe in midnight oak will be versatile enough to wear on numerous occasions and will go with almost anything, plus its leather..

Thank you ladies for weighing in, you all gave sound advise and raised some very valid and practical points! All of your help is much appreciated!!

BOLD - nah - she is hawttt - I have her with me today ;)