I NEED YOUR HELP--please!(kind of wordy sorry!)

lulu8708

Feb 26, 2010
Hey everyone,
Im in a little dilemma, and i will admit its my fault.
I bought a Coach Ocelot handbag off e-bay. I have never experienced the paint of any of my coach bags peeling off. This auction stated that the paint was coming off. I didn't think it was a big deal because i thought it could be fixed if i thought it was that bad--bad is'nt even the word!
I can't even use this bag, the paint ends up coming off on my hands, arms and clothes.

I took it to Coach seeing if they can help me with it in anyway, i mean i love this bag so much that i was willing to pay anything to get it fixed.
The sales associate said that Coach will not fix it wat so ever because
1. It was bought off e-bay and 2. the seller bought it from Macy's.
Which i understand, i mean its not Coach's problem.

I was wondering if you think i should chance getting it fixed by someone else. I have never had a problem with the paint on my Coach bags.
Im just afraid of handing it off to anyone to fix it.
What do you guys suggest i do?
I paid a lot for a bag thats just sitting in my colset.
Please if anyone can help me out i would GREATLY appreicate it!

um.............no

bad of the associate

and i know its not your fault, i'm not blaming you, but i think your best recourse is to get your money back..i had a SNAD recently (my first ever on ebay) and i got my money back..and did not have to pay for return shipping as well as had my shipping refunded..so i lost 0$ total..just time wasted

i would do that first, because most likely coach will not repair your bag for that problem. ethical reasons i say return to that ebay seller and let her suck the cost

but what taht associate said was wrong.

See i wasn't sure if paypal/e-bay would help me out because the listing said that the paint was coming off. I really didn't think it was that bad since i've never dealt with paint coming off. So i mean the seller could use that against me. Ahhh im an idiot! I fell in love with the bag and just went for it. Stupid me.
Thank you for your reply!

even if it said that, you did not think it was as much as you stated..so there is room for SNAD there imo, in my case, the seller did not show pictures of the handle but said it was in good condition..when the handle was blackened..

did u try and ask the seller for a refund first?

Ya, he/she said that "These items are non-refundable and can't be returned to the store. All sales are final"...'I'm so sorry for this issue and would love to help you with it, but I can't. If you have any ideas, I would appreciate. Don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions".
It was a long msg but thats the important snippets.

Maybe i should contact ebay and see what they can help me out with.
Man....thats my lesson learned!

contact ebay and see, if not, then i'm sorry, it is true since you brought it as such

however, if you are really unhappy with it and there is no recourse with ebay, may i suggest finding another associate? and see? a coach bag is still a coach bag no matter how its gotten. i'm surprised no other tpfer has spoken up, as a lot buy off ebay as well and eventually will send it in for repairs should any problem arise, and they haven't had a problem doing so

i think the issue is you were too honest ;)

but like said, a coach bag is a coach bag..no matter how its was attained--but ethical reasons..well..it is a lesson for sure

Thank you so much for your help i REALLY do appreciate it!
I know i am a honest person and told her straight out how i got it, i spent over $200 for the purse and i live NOWHERE near a Macy's to even try them.

What do you think i should say the next time i walk in into Coach? What kind of "statement" would help me get a repair, because i dont even have a gift recipet for it.
Man i am beyond screwed if e-bay doesn't help me.

I had a problem one time with a Coach purse that I got as a gift from someone which was purchased off eBay. Took it to Coach and show them the problem on the purse. I told them that I got this purse as a gift. The SA never asked me for gift receipt and took the bag for repair. They can't expect everyone who received a gift will get a gift receipt included.

Tell them you got it as a gift or even that you bought it yourself and don't have a reciept. Anymore info than that isn't any of thier business, IMO. NEVER tell them it was bought from ebay. For some reason, there are a lot of SA's who treat any bag from ebay as if it were a fake.

Thank you so much for your help i REALLY do appreciate it!
I know i am a honest person and told her straight out how i got it, i spent over $200 for the purse and i live NOWHERE near a Macy's to even try them.

What do you think i should say the next time i walk in into Coach? What kind of "statement" would help me get a repair, because i dont even have a gift recipet for it.
Man i am beyond screwed if e-bay doesn't help me.

I agree with the others, either attempt to get a refund through eBay directly or take the bag in to get repaired, but just tell them you received it as a gift. I don't like being dishonest either, but the point is that the bag Coach made is defective - regardless of where it was purchased.

I too had my first eBay experience with a bag that was sold not as described. Fortunately the seller refunded all of my money, including the cost of shipping the bag back. I was also worried that the seller would leave negative feedback on my profile, so I waited to see how she rated me before I rated her. Surprisingly, she rated me highly, so she apparently isn't a bad seller - she just has a different definition of "gently used" than I do. I haven't left feedback for her yet, but will at some point.

Follow the instructions and ship it into Coach. Include $20 for shipping (check their website for the procedure).

Do not say where you got it. Just ask that they repair it.

See what happens.

Not 100% ethical but if the bag had a problem Coach will back their product. I do not recommend doing this on a continuing basis.

Next time you buy something that has a problem, make sure there are specific photos showing you the issues with the item.

Had a bag that I bought off the bay and got it fixed at the boutique. like Whitney said "a coach bag is still a coach bag". Ask another associate but don't tell them you got it from the bay. Just say you got it as a present. Good luck.

I was under the impression that Coach would repair a bag no matter where it was purchased. Hmmmm....I guess I would try to resolve it through ebay, and then find another associate to send it in. I would only say that you need to send it in for repair. If they ask, tell them it was a gift. If that doesn't work, send it in yourself.

Good luck with this. This is why I don't buy from sellers who don't accept returns, esp if item is really defective.

honestly coach employees despise ebay its the whole reseller issue most of them take it personally bcuz they love coach and it takes away from them as well so i wouldnt say i got it from ebay, they dont ask for a receipt as far as it was bought at macys its still a coach product they will take it back talk to a manager its a coach product they have to send it in pay the 20 dollar fee and thats it stand ur ground u still payed for the bag it wasnt free but i would take it up with ebay first

If the flaking paint is worse than you were led to believe, then file a dispute with Paypal/ebay. Just describe in detail how the paint is coming off on your hands, etc.
I've had this happen to me where the seller merely mentions what turned out to be a major problem, and then says "no returns, I mentioned the problem, etc".
But Paypal will side with the buyer in such situations, so I'd definitely try that.