I need your help! LV or RM

tawnycat

♥Loving all my bags♥
O.G.
Aug 29, 2008
Ladies,
I recently sold off my LV Speedy..I have regretted it ever since and have been saving to buy another one. I sold it because I was using my other bags more and it was so delicate I wanted to keep it pristine.

Well after saving and selling off a few bags I will be able to buy my Speedy soon..I am excited but also wondering if I would be smarter to buy two RM's instead..There are a few MAM colors I would really love..I also know I use my MAM more than any other bag right now. *SIGH*

SO...Do I spend all my funds on the new LV or buy a couple RM's??:P

if you get a speedy again, wear i! otherwise pointless, and ure buying it just to stare at it lol

if u think u wont wear it, then two rms! u know those will get mileage!

LV is durable & pretty but so many ppl have mono or Damier bags. So if you did LV I'd say go for multicolore, vernis or empreinte leather. However, I know those bags are expensive.

I prefer RM to LV these days. I'd get an Alexander Wang bag these days over LV. The LV I currently like is $2800 I could get a LOT of RM for that & be just as happy.

I know LV has a brand history but it's still coated canvas in most cases. I prefer yummy leather.

RM!!!

Ladies,
I recently sold off my LV Speedy..I have regretted it ever since and have been saving to buy another one. I sold it because I was using my other bags more and it was so delicate I wanted to keep it pristine.

Well after saving and selling off a few bags I will be able to buy my Speedy soon..I am excited but also wondering if I would be smarter to buy two RM's instead..There are a few MAM colors I would really love..I also know I use my MAM more than any other bag right now. *SIGH*

SO...Do I spend all my funds on the new LV or buy a couple RM's??:P

this is a tough one! i agree with lvsweetness..... rebuy a speedy and show her off! what a gorgeous, classic bag :love: but if you're gonna be too worried about wear and tear, then go for the RM's!!! they're modern, fun and chic!!

this is a tough one! i agree with lvsweetness..... rebuy a speedy and show her off! what a gorgeous, classic bag :love: but if you're gonna be too worried about wear and tear, then go for the RM's!!! they're modern, fun and chic!!

Ya, I'm really torn. I think if I buy another speedy I will use it. The RM on the other hand is a real "take anywhere" kinda bag. I love throwing my MAM over my shoulders and just going. LV I feel as though I have to baby it .

Thank you ladies for helping me..Its really been driving me crazy. Usually I will end up making the wrong choice or second guessing myself.:rolleyes:

In all honesty, I think you should first ask yourself why you sold off your LV, then regretted it and why you'd want another one. Do you like LV for what it supposedly stands for or do you just really like the Speedy for its look, style, etc over the MAM? Maybe the Speedy wasn't the style you liked after all or maybe you couldn't get it off your head that LV costs that much for a bag, thinking that you can get three bags for the price of one LV?

The LV you're looking at may just be canvas, but LV canvas is pretty durable (just make sure there are no cracks and bring it to LV for a little bit of coddling at their back room with the moisturizers or go for a reglazing or whatever it is they call that or whatnot) and if you're worried about the vachetta, there are ways of making sure the patina will be even. If you're thinking of selling it in the future, like what kix said, LV holds its value more. Well, LV canvas vs. most other designer leather bags, that is. If you're thinking about the Epi Speedy or the other LV leathers (truth be told, I'm in love with the Empreinte), they are pretty superb. Of course, some people get an off one from time to time, but LV CS is usually pretty great (at least, where I'm at, they've been good to me) and I guess that goes for every designer (have an off bag here or there). So far, when it comes to after sales, LV has been the best with me. Some designers don't even have such a thing.

Now for RM, with the cost of an LV Speedy, true, you can get more than one. I've actually held off getting a Bal and another LV just because I'm so in love at the moment with the MAM. But from what I am gathering from posts from way back and present, RM leathers are a hit or miss (should I run for cover now??? Yikes.) and you've got to know your RMs or at least ask some of the experts here about which RMs have great leather. Not unless you just like the colors, then I guess you can just get any RM because RM makes great colors!

So think about it first. Take your time. The LV and RM bags will just be there (unless they're limited ed. or old school! Then you've got to make up your mind pretty quick! Lol).

Or you could just buy the Speedy now since you have saved up for it first. If you can save up for a Speedy, you can save up again for RMs even quicker. Or you could sell the Speedy if you realize you don't want it and buy your RMs. You'll never lack for buyers with classic LV as you'll never lack for buyers with an RM, but value-wise, it'll be higher with the LV. Remember, every year, LV does increase and surprisingly, even the price of the pre-owned LV increases along with it. :shrugs:

Whatever bag you do decide to get, I do hope you enjoy it! :biggrin: I almost sold my Nomade Lockit because I kept on thinking about how much it cost - not realizing I should just enjoy it, that I deserve it (somehow) and that I can make that same amount anyway if I just save up. So, now, I actually put my Nomade to use and enjoying her the same, if not more, than I am enjoying my RMs and other bags.

Sorry for the long post. :biggrin: Was in almost the same situation. :biggrin:

Depends how you define bag-happiness...

It's ok to have a bag that you love and let it sit in your closet. It doesn't have to be used, sometimes it's nice just to have it. That may sound strange to some but I've come to terms with how I define bag-happy. Some bags I'm happy to carry and some I just like to have. But if you feel any sort of guilt for closet-sitting, then maybe two 'usable' bags is the way to go. Hth!

Depends how you define bag-happiness...

It's ok to have a bag that you love and let it sit in your closet. It doesn't have to be used, sometimes it's nice just to have it. That may sound strange to some but I've come to terms with how I define bag-happy. Some bags I'm happy to carry and some I just like to have. But if you feel any sort of guilt for closet-sitting, then maybe two 'usable' bags is the way to go. Hth!

True that. Sometimes it's just really nice to know you just have it and can take it down to fondle and admire.

In all honesty, I think you should first ask yourself why you sold off your LV, then regretted it and why you'd want another one. Do you like LV for what it supposedly stands for or do you just really like the Speedy for its look, style, etc over the MAM? Maybe the Speedy wasn't the style you liked after all or maybe you couldn't get it off your head that LV costs that much for a bag, thinking that you can get three bags for the price of one LV?

The LV you're looking at may just be canvas, but LV canvas is pretty durable (just make sure there are no cracks and bring it to LV for a little bit of coddling at their back room with the moisturizers or go for a reglazing or whatever it is they call that or whatnot) and if you're worried about the vachetta, there are ways of making sure the patina will be even. If you're thinking of selling it in the future, like what kix said, LV holds its value more. Well, LV canvas vs. most other designer leather bags, that is. If you're thinking about the Epi Speedy or the other LV leathers (truth be told, I'm in love with the Empreinte), they are pretty superb. Of course, some people get an off one from time to time, but LV CS is usually pretty great (at least, where I'm at, they've been good to me) and I guess that goes for every designer (have an off bag here or there). So far, when it comes to after sales, LV has been the best with me. Some designers don't even have such a thing.

Now for RM, with the cost of an LV Speedy, true, you can get more than one. I've actually held off getting a Bal and another LV just because I'm so in love at the moment with the MAM. But from what I am gathering from posts from way back and present, RM leathers are a hit or miss (should I run for cover now??? Yikes.) and you've got to know your RMs or at least ask some of the experts here about which RMs have great leather. Not unless you just like the colors, then I guess you can just get any RM because RM makes great colors!

So think about it first. Take your time. The LV and RM bags will just be there (unless they're limited ed. or old school! Then you've got to make up your mind pretty quick! Lol).

Or you could just buy the Speedy now since you have saved up for it first. If you can save up for a Speedy, you can save up again for RMs even quicker. Or you could sell the Speedy if you realize you don't want it and buy your RMs. You'll never lack for buyers with classic LV as you'll never lack for buyers with an RM, but value-wise, it'll be higher with the LV. Remember, every year, LV does increase and surprisingly, even the price of the pre-owned LV increases along with it. :shrugs:

Whatever bag you do decide to get, I do hope you enjoy it! :biggrin: I almost sold my Nomade Lockit because I kept on thinking about how much it cost - not realizing I should just enjoy it, that I deserve it (somehow) and that I can make that same amount anyway if I just save up. So, now, I actually put my Nomade to use and enjoying her the same, if not more, than I am enjoying my RMs and other bags.

Sorry for the long post. :biggrin: Was in almost the same situation. :biggrin:

Thank you so much for your response..I originally sold my LV to fund a gathered raspberry Lindsey and matching wallet from Coach..Stupid move I know!! I have yet to snip the tags from the new Coach and I am almost resentful in a way toward it that i sacrificed my beloved Speedy for a Coach bag. I think I will shoot myself if this bag ends up at the outlets in a few months:P

Anyway I loved my Speedy but also tried to take super good care of her..I was afraid to take her out a lot..Especially for casual type..park,zoo,movies...Speedy always stayed home..Safe and sound. :smile:

I guess I took her for granted and thought she wasn't right for me. Coach came calling and BOOM I sold her..Instantly I knew it was wrong..But too late.

So fast forward a few months I have the money ready to go but something makes me feel guilty about spending $800 on a bag that i will not use a lot.

Also I have come to adore my MAM's and I use them constantly..Even over my Coach..There are a few colors I would really love and i know I would use them..

So I guess it boils down to what I feel is sensible and practical versus what I really adore in the first place.

I think I have confused myself..I think I am going to buy my Speedy and sell off more Coach for more RM..:btdh:

Thank you so much for your response..I originally sold my LV to fund a gathered raspberry Lindsey and matching wallet from Coach..Stupid move I know!! I have yet to snip the tags from the new Coach and I am almost resentful in a way toward it that i sacrificed my beloved Speedy for a Coach bag. I think I will shoot myself if this bag ends up at the outlets in a few months:P

Anyway I loved my Speedy but also tried to take super good care of her..I was afraid to take her out a lot..Especially for casual type..park,zoo,movies...Speedy always stayed home..Safe and sound. :smile:

I guess I took her for granted and thought she wasn't right for me. Coach came calling and BOOM I sold her..Instantly I knew it was wrong..But too late.

So fast forward a few months I have the money ready to go but something makes me feel guilty about spending $800 on a bag that i will not use a lot.

Also I have come to adore my MAM's and I use them constantly..Even over my Coach..There are a few colors I would really love and i know I would use them..

So I guess it boils down to what I feel is sensible and practical versus what I really adore in the first place.

I think I have confused myself..I think I am going to buy my Speedy and sell off more Coach for more RM..:btdh:

You know, there are times to be sensible and practical and there are times that it's just sooooo effing nice to have what you adore!! If we were sensible and practical all the time, I don't think we'd be here on tPF lots. :biggrin:

there u go!! i think that sounds like the PERFECT solution!!!! LOL at the emoticon - i feel ya!! i think we all do since we've all been there!!!