I need your help ladies! YSL Easy Bag

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Nordstrom Spring Sale is now live! Serious savings on customer favorites - up to 40% off with free shipping and free returns. Shop the sale!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi Ladies, I desperately need your help!!
    (I posted this in authenticating thread but haven't heard back from anyone so posting it here)
    I just purchased this bag from a seller 'dclopes' on Poshmark - she claims that this bag is authentic and it's in perfect condition. I don't know much about authenticity so I can't tell however, the bag is not in perfect condition (perfect condition=like new, worn out edges like this doesn't look so perfect to me!) so I need you expert ladies for your thoughts!

Item: Authentic YSL brown zip top bowler bag
    Listing Number:
    Seller: dclopes
    Link: https://poshmark.com/listing/52dde3d225cab757c70e326d
    Comments: Please comment if you think it's authentic or not AND if you think it's in perfect condition or not.

*I told the seller that this isn't in perfect condition, she said stop playing games and accept&release the funds... I told her that if ladies on purseforum says it's authentic and looks like it's in perfect condition, I will accept without hesitation and told her that if it's not authentic or not in perfect condition, she should stop playing her game, but she won't accept my proposal!
    *She claimed no cards/dust but but it's authentic and no stain, no rips (before I purchase) - just perfect but the bag is stained inside and all 4 edges are worn out like pictures below. I showed her the picture of the stain, she said she doesn't know.

SO my question is, it real? and does it look like it's in perfect condition to you?

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      238.3 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      299.4 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      172.2 KB
      Views:
    • 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      File size:
      207.5 KB
      Views:
    • 5.jpg
      5.jpg
      File size:
      244 KB
      Views:
    • 6.jpg
      6.jpg
      File size:
      163.7 KB
      Views:
    • 7.jpg
      7.jpg
      File size:
      321 KB
      Views:
    • 8.jpg
      8.jpg
      File size:
      132.1 KB
      Views:
    • 9.jpg
      9.jpg
      File size:
      235.4 KB
      Views:
    • 10.jpg
      10.jpg
      File size:
      127.9 KB
      Views:
  2. More pictures here and what she said to me last night!

Look at her picture of inside of the bag, she purposely cut the picture so the stain doesn't show.

Attached Files:

• 11.jpg
      11.jpg
      File size:
      103.5 KB
      Views:
    • 12.jpg
      12.jpg
      File size:
      181.9 KB
      Views:
    • 13.jpg
      13.jpg
      File size:
      127.9 KB
      Views:
    • 14.jpg
      14.jpg
      File size:
      339.7 KB
      Views:
    • 15.PNG
      15.PNG
      File size:
      347 KB
      Views:
    • 16.PNG
      16.PNG
      File size:
      619.1 KB
      Views:
    • 17.PNG
      17.PNG
      File size:
      648.2 KB
      Views:
    • 18.PNG
      18.PNG
      File size:
      460.2 KB
      Views:
  3. I have this easy bag (Cognac Crest leather) but in the 16" size.

There are a few differences, but I looked at the reference thread (you should too, if you are yet to) and realize there were certain slight design changes from year to year (i.e. zipper).

The main issue I have is with the handles - specifically the piping. It looks funny but I'm not sure if that's just from wear and tear.

Even if this bag is authentic, I'd be extra hesitant to buy it (price notwithstanding) because the handles are super dirty (seller claimed "perfect condition"?). The corners are not bad for a bag that is likely from as early as 2010 (my corners are more beat up).

Please keep in mind that I am not an authenticator and am comparing the pics you shared to my piece (which you have reminded me to bring out for next week, :tup:) as well as pictures in the reference thread and bags for sale around the internet.

Good luck!

4. Thanks Aluxe! Just what I needed, not in perfect condition. I wish more ladies were to help me out bc I only have 3 days to report any problem...

Thanks so much for your help Aluxe :heart:

5. I think the bag is Auth but you best bet is to submit your request on the Authentication thread.
    The seller claims bag is is perfect condition, well it is far from the truth. If the bag comes back to be authentic, you can decide if you want to keep it and demand for partial refund of $100- $150 or you return the bag for a full refund.
    The bag is a SNAD IMO.
    Good luck OP.

6. Thanks a lot! I'm awaiting for Posh's reply.

7. I'm so sorry this happened. I would not consider this "perfect condition" either.

8. Thanks! I appreciate your help!

9. Any news? :smile:

10. I have this bag in the tobacco colour.

Now, I use this as a throw around bag. Stuff it until it's bulging, chuck my gym towel in etc.

Apart from similar wear on the corners as shown , what on Gods earth has she done to the handles? I have 2 young children with sticky fingers who touch my bag and it doesn't look like this

11. This! The handles on that bag are a mess. I know such darkened handles can be acceptable for some in the Bal world just because of the nature of the leathers used but I just couldn't handle such blackened handles. It just would be too grimy for me. At any price.

12. #12 Mar 30, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2014
    Thank you so much for your replies!

I received an email from Posh this morning "we will review your claim even though you have released your payment to the seller. Please reply to this email with detailed photos and descriptions on why you feel the item does not match the listing." Posh is reviewing my case and they will get back to me.

I will get back to you ladies when I hear back from Posh... I'm so upset with this order :sad:

13. That is not perfect condition. Looks dirty... and worn:weird:

Looks authentic though.

14. Thanks everyone who contributed! Posh decided to give my money back (but they forgot to attach a return label... but still!!)

Thank you so so much!! Love!!! :smile::smile:

15. great news, I am so glad