Travel I Need Your Help:) Especially if you are from Texas!!!!

tknight

*MuAH*
Jun 3, 2008
Hey Everyone!!! I need your help okay me and my honey will be having our 3year anniversary on September 1st this year so excited but neway we won't be able to doing anything until 2wks later and we wanted to take a trip close by I am in arkansas so I said either Memphis or Dallas but we go to Memphis all the time so I guess Dallas would be better!!! LMAO Neway I wanted some ideas or places that we could while we are in Dallas if you are from Texas please help I want something romantic for us to do... Also I need some help on a gift idea or something that I could do special for him while we are there!! I know it sounds like I am rambling right now but I know you guys get what I am saying :biggrin:!!! LOLOLOL Please help me I would greatly appreciate it!!!

I'm not too sure about Dallas, but I lived in Texas and have travelled through several areas, and my favorite place is San Antonio.. The River Walk is amazingly romantic, and there are lots of other fun things to do in the area

there's a nice French restaurant called Toulouse in Dallas. http://www.toulousecafeandbar.com/

i've eaten there a few times, and every time the food there was *amazing*. it's a very authentic restaurant, it's in a really nice area, and it's not that expensive even.

anyway, i've only lived in the dallas area for a year so i don't have that many other ideas...sorry. the Dallas Aboretum is nice and romantic (lots of flowers, trees, Japanese ponds, gardens, fountains, tons of people getting engagement/wedding photos taken) but it's probably not as fun when it's a million degrees & sunny outside (like it is now..lol)

THanks for all the ideas guys!!! I am trying to think of something so romantic my cousin is a photographer there she takes great pics I think we are going to take some that weekend or whatever...I love you guys I can ask any question and u guys have the answer!!!

If I were you, I would stay at the Hotel Zaza. Right down the street is a restaurant called the "Old Warsaw". It is VERY old school. The ladies get flowers, violin players, etc....actually...right now there are coupons on Restaurant.com for that restaurant, and if you use the code "taste" you get the coupon for $2. Here is the link....

http://www.restaurant.com/microsite.asp?rid=363353&mcn=00066653

Also...if you don't want to stay at a big hotel....there is a B&B right across the street from me call The Corinthian....and it is gorgeous and SO romantic!!!!

Thinking of more stuff......

OOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Yes my TPF sisters keep the ideas coming...Okay what about Outlets??? Are there any there??? And also I just found out you guys have the dinner and a movie theater and we might go there as well.!!!Are there any hotels close downtown or by some malls,or resturant that we dont have to go far to get to?????

I live in Dallas and there are lots of great things to do here! The early part of September is KRLD Restaurant Week, where restaurants offer a fixed price menu and the proceeds to go the food bank - you can eat at lots of Dallas' nicest places for $35 per person. Another great site to check out is guidelive.com...it's the newspaper's online site for everything that's going on in town.

^ oh i did not know that Dallas even had a restaurant week! though of course it had to be this week, when my DH is out of town.. :sad: oh well, maybe next year. thanks for the info. i :heart: restaurant week, I used to go every year when i lived in Boston and it was always amazing, was able to eat at really fancy restaurants for great prices. i did not know other cities had it too, that's pretty cool.