I need your help! - Ash Montaigne?

shopaholicsister

Chanel fever
O.G.
Oct 19, 2006
Hi ladies...
I know that there was an ash scuro montaigne a couple of years ago, but was there ever an ash version? Apparently the ash montaigne will be going on sale next week...it's possible that my SA is confused and it's actually ash scuro, but when I asked she specifically said that it's ash...so now I'm confused since I've never heard or seen anything about the montaigne in ash. What do you ladies think? And if anyone owns one, would you mind sharing pics?

Are you talking about a bag at a BV boutique or a bag at Saks/NM/other store?

The reason I ask, is I bought a parachute bag from NM in August 2009 and the color on the tag said "ash". But, the bag looked like ash scuro to me. I know that the names of colors at Saks and NM are sometimes different than the same color at the boutique.

Here's a picture of it last week

IMG_1237.jpg

The only Montaigne I ever heard of was the Ash Scuro one - and I definitely do pay attention to any and all Montaigne information that comes along!

Can the SA tell you the colour code from the tag - that should enable us to tell for sure what it is...

Please PM me the color code, I will research it for you. I adore the Ash Scuro color and regret not getting anything in this color. If you look in the color by season, color reference, or color comparison threads in the reference library, you will see more posts showing the difference between the two colors.

The only Montaigne I ever heard of was the Ash Scuro one - and I definitely do pay attention to any and all Montaigne information that comes along!

Can the SA tell you the colour code from the tag - that should enable us to tell for sure what it is...

Thanks BookerMoose, I was hoping you'd chime in. I figured if anyone knew anything about this Montaigne that it would be you! So if you also haven't heard of an Ash Montaigne, then I don't feel as badly for being so confused by this :smile:

Please PM me the color code, I will research it for you. I adore the Ash Scuro color and regret not getting anything in this color. If you look in the color by season, color reference, or color comparison threads in the reference library, you will see more posts showing the difference between the two colors.

Thank you jburgh!!! I tried calling the boutique to get the color code, but I was too late and they are closed for the evening. The good news is that my SA is sending it to me on consignment so I'll have it in my hands tomorrow and I can post pics and the color code then. But I'll pm you my boutique and SA info in case you would like to find out about it before then.

Ok, so now I'm super excited, I think Ash actually IS Ash Scuro! I just found a pic my SA emailed to me over a month ago. I thought the email and pic were long deleted from my computer because, for the life of me, I couldn't find it yesterday no matter how I searched for it! I'll still post pics and the color code once I get the bag today...

Attachments

• montaigne.jpg
    montaigne.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 128
I got the bag and it is Ash Scuro. The tag inside reads: 173398 V00A2 2805 / EPEV 2008 3740 A

I don't know what it is, but I went from in love with it and excited to have it to being unsure if I want to keep it! I think I am just all handbagged out at the moment because of my Chanel pre price increase frenzy. On one hand, I had pegged Ash Scuro to be my ideal color for the Montaigne and I am thrilled to have the chance to get it on sale. But on the other hand, I don't want to wind up keeping it only because it was on sale, just to have it sit in my closet unused. I'll probably sleep on it and decide in the morning.

I had my SA check the system for any others that might be available and, unfortunately, this is the last one in the company.

A related question for Ash Scuro. My reference calls this Bark. Was Bark one of those names that was really Ash Scuro, or is Bark truly a legitimate color name?