I need your Help/Advice.

carolm

Mar 31, 2006
Hi!
Just recently I bought an item off ebay. The item arrived but it was defected. I communicated the seller, who admitted that the item was not as supposed to be and offered me a refund. Problem is that the seller insists that I should send the item first back and then I will receive my refund. I feel unsure thought because he/she was already dishonest to me. What should I do?
The item is not a bag, but I really hope that this won't keep you from giving me some advice. I need your help.
Thank you!

Open a paypal dispute as SNAD(significantly not as decsribed)Immediately!! You will eventually have to send the item back(signature required delivery confirmation) and you should get all back including your original shipping fees but not the return fees. Good luck

It is veryfair that you should return the bag before the seller can issue a refund. However, to be safe, go through paypal as other poster said. And always send w tracking and sig if over 200.00
Hth

Yes, go to PayPal open a dispute stating that the seller offered a refund and you will return the bag when seller responds and state the agreement on the board. Leave the dispute open so you can also post tracking and all the communication between seller and you will be recorded. Don't escalated to a claim because the seller have been helpful and is in fact cooperating (a claim can also make the process longer)

Open a dispute and keep in mind that there is no place on the planet that will give you a refund without first getting back their merchandise. Ebay is no different.

That's not necessarly true, I have gotten a refund before returning an item. Especially if the person lied about authenticity or condition, I wouldn't trust them to refund me.

Thank you very much for your advice.
It's exactly like babidius said. The seller knew all along that the item was defected and made the fotos in such a way so the buyer couldn't understand that. This is why I cannot trust him at all. What if I sent the item back and he said he never got it?:confused1: