I need your help: 08 bouton d'or clutch??

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. #1 Feb 8, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2010
    Hello, I'm back to the tpf as my balenciaga fever is growing after my last purchase (my first "first"!) ... surely you'll understand! :biggrin:

I've found a 08 bouton d'or clutch... I like it very much but I'm really hesitating and I don't know why...

Please let me know what do you think about model and colour, help me pleaseeeee :confused1:

Thank you!!

2. I personally am not usually a yellow lover, and was afraid bouton in a big bag would be too neon, too much for me. It's kind of like a highlighter. I got a SGH envelope clutch and love it. It's just enough super bright for me and the leather is pretty good, not as dry on a lot of the bigger bags I looked at. The smaller size and the hw tones it down a little somehow.

3. Bouton d'Or is pretty, but very bright. I think the color looks great in an accessory, but how do you think it'll go with your wardrobe? Good luck deciding!

4. This color is really cool and is a nice pop for spring/summer. I would think it would really look good on a clutch! Is it a SGH Envelope?
    Good luck!

5. Rollergirl thank you for your reply. I agree with you about fluorescence of yellow as at the moment I've only a SGH black city and e RH tempete first... I like bright colors but at the end I decide for the soft ones, I think I don't have courage!
    So you think that a smaller size, even in yellow, is easily wearable? Or is better forfait it?
    Thank you :smile:

I forgot to write that it's a GGH clutch envelope, size 30x18 cm

6. Jira I usually wear not bright colour, but for summer I've a Stewart Weitzman's shoes with yellow heels and some Emilio Pucci's dresses which can combine with it... but I don't wear Pucci's dresses everyday! :sad:

Thank you purses & pugs, I hope this night carry me advice (is an italian proverb, I don't know if it's the same in the rest of the world :P:blush:)

7. And another thing, since you are Italian then I guess you get really tanned in the summer and a bright yellow is so gorgeous with tanned skin:smile: Havent seen Bouton d'or with GGH, but if you like it I would say go for it!

8. Uh, I'm not sure ... the Envelope is a fantastic clutch and Bouton d'or is a gorgeous colour but personally I would find it too bright for a clutch. Better for a MU, CP etc. Something like Jaune might be better for a clutch.
    But that's just me and this is really up to you, isn't it. Though the fact that you are hesitant ... :shrugs:

9. Purses & pugs: I'd like to be tanned in summer, but I remain always pale :sad: I'm so unlucky!!!

Livia1: Thank you, the first moment I've seen it I tought "I want it!" but now I'm not jet sure as 36 hours ago...

If you want to see it, looks at my past messages, I asked to authenticate it..

10. i have a bouton wallet! i love how bright it is! it really is neon!

11. It's funny, I had a makeup and the envelope with silver hardware, and found the makeup with the really contrasting classic looked even brighter. That's the one I didn't keep. Not sure how I'd feel about bouton with gold, though. It's a bright color!

12. Hi MissMerion, I've got a Bouton GSH Day, which I absolutely LOVE wearing with neutral clothes (greys, blues) and bright T-shirts and jeans.

I think maybe the most important thing is how you feel about the item - if you are hesitant, like one of the ladies noticed, then leave it. But if you think you'll love it, then get it. I have seen some amazing looking people combining colours and styles that I never thought would work, and they look wonderful... but mostly, they look really happy, and I think that's the most important thing.

13. At the end I've decided not to keep it. I've understood that the problem was that I can't see and touch it... and see how it looks on me!!

I prefer to see, touch and look myself with it, and be convinced... Balenciaga bags are an expensive love!!

Thank you very much girls for your help!! :hugs:

14. Bouton d'or is a color that needs to be seen IRL and it's not for everyone so I understand your decision:smile: