I Need to Send Items Back to UK to Get Refund. Tracking?

wis3ly

O.G.
Aug 17, 2008
So I received two Coach bracelets from an UK eBay seller and had them identified as Fake by the fabulous ladies on the Authenticate This Coach Thread. I know I have to send the item back for a full refund and have to PROVE to PayPal that I sent the items and that the seller got them. Is there a way to track a package to UK? How should I send this? (The cheapest way possible. I paid $30 for both bracelets and don't want to pay A LOT return shipping.)

TIA!

Here is a stupid question; If you know an item is fake and you mail it, are you breaking a law by knowingly shipping counterfeit goods ?

In Dec of 2007 I bought a bottle of counterfeit cologne, I think I filed a claim with Paypal, before I escalated it with PP the Seller voluntarily gave me my money back & I did not have to return the item. I told him I would not knowingly ship counterfeit items through the mail.

Last edited:
^^ That just happened to me.

I checked my e-mail today and PayPal has already decided both claims in my favor and refunded the money. Should I send the package back?

I checked my e-mail today and PayPal has already decided both claims in my favor and refunded the money. Should I send the package back?
You need to reach out to them to get THEIR word on what you need to do with it; seller has no say since PP was the method form used to pay and THEY are the 3rd party involved with the claim.

If you already have the money.....i would probably not go out of my way to send it back, why spend your hard earned dosh returning it ?!
I'm assuming this is a fake item we're talking about....why send it back only for it to be resold to someone else ?

so what do I do with this? donate it to Goodwill or something?

I was told not to donate fake/counterfeit items to Goodwill because they will end up back in circulation and possibly re-sold on eBay !
If it is clothing and it is nice give it to someone that could use it just make sure you tell them where it came from. If it is perfume, get rid of it, some of these fake perfumes are made with some bad stuff.
I had a bunch of stuff donated to cover my dogs chemo treatments and amongst the stuff was a Coach purse which I was pretty sure was fake. I had it at home for a while and just found out it is definitely a fake, the girl that does my nails asked me for it and she is welcome to it. Its Xmas I'm not saying to make your items a present but if it is nice give the stuff away just remember to tell them its fake.

I still think that knowingly shipping a fake or counterfeit item is illegal ? Anyone know for sure

You could give them to a little girl you know or something....or just throw them in the bin.

I just read on the Authenticate page that the reason the item is heavy could mean there is lead inside and or it has been painted with lead paint.
They said to keep it away from Pets & children - I never would have even thought about such 'ingredients' being used - it's horrible