Food I need to hire a pack of wild hyenas....

bagnshoofetish

Oh. Gee.
O.G.
Feb 12, 2006
to finish off all the leftovers I have from yesterday!!!!

Seriously, I need every turkey leftover recipe I can get my hands on. If there is already another thread like this, please post the link....

did someone say leftovers?

image001.jpg

Do NOT try this at home.

what no recipes ideas from you? I thought you were Martha Stewart.

:P

I'm not really good at Western food. My SO's family is Italian and I sometimes find it hard to eat their food simply because it's not spicy enough. I do something similar to the recipe below with Turkey leftovers. It's very non-traditional.

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]1 Tbsp margarine
1 1/2 cups chopped onion, (1 medium onion)
1 tsp minced garlic
2 Tbsp flour
1 Tbsp curry powder
2 cups chicken broth, (or turkey stock)
2 cups cooked turkey, chopped
1/4 cup golden raisins
1/2 tsp chili powder

1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
6 cups cooked rice

[/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]In a saucepan, melt margarine.Add onions and garlic, continue to sauté. Add flour and curry powder, cook for 1 minute.
Stir in broth and bring to a gentle boil, stirring constantly. Simmer for several minutes until sauce thickens. Reduce heat and add turkey, raisins, chili powder, salt and pepper. Cover and simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
Serve over cooked rice.
[/FONT]

What about old fashioned turkey hash?? I mom makes it soooo good. She just cuts the turkey into small pieces, adds seasonings, celery, homemade gravy, then heats it all on the stove and serves it over rice. It's soooo good.

Or you could always overnight some to me...

:P

I'm not really good at Western food. My SO's family is Italian and I sometimes find it hard to eat their food simply because it's not spicy enough. I do something similar to the recipe below with Turkey leftovers. It's very non-traditional.

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]1 Tbsp margarine[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]1 1/2 cups chopped onion, (1 medium onion)[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]1 tsp minced garlic[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]2 Tbsp flour[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]1 Tbsp curry powder[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]2 cups chicken broth, (or turkey stock)[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]2 cups cooked turkey, chopped[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]1/4 cup golden raisins[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]1/2 tsp chili powder[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]1/2 tsp salt[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]6 cups cooked rice[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]In a saucepan, melt margarine.Add onions and garlic, continue to sauté. Add flour and curry powder, cook for 1 minute.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Stir in broth and bring to a gentle boil, stirring constantly. Simmer for several minutes until sauce thickens. Reduce heat and add turkey, raisins, chili powder, salt and pepper. Cover and simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Serve over cooked rice.[/FONT]

Are you kidding? I'm all over Asian food! Keep the recipes coming!

well i was watching everyday italian today and here is what Giada made w/ turkey day leftovers:

Turket Bolognese (sp?)
saute in EVOO 1 lg onion diced, 1 celery rib, 1 carrot and garlic to your taste---all diced.
when cooked add 1 lb. shredded cooked turkey and marinara sauce--as much or as little as you want.
while this cooks cook pasta
toss together and add grated parm.

she also made meatloaf stuffed w/ leftover stuffing and topped w/ marinara

YUM!!!

someone i know just mashes together the turkey, stuffing, and whatever else is lying around into round balls, coats in bread crumbs, and fries them up to make turkey croquettes--delicious but horribly unhealthy.

oh, giada also made----eggs el diablo----potato pancakes w/ mashed potato, on a puddle of marinara, topped w/ a fried egg and grated parm.....Mmmmmm!