I need to get over my ego...looking at a MK bag..

fashion16

O.G.
Apr 15, 2007
I really want a hot pink fendi 2jours bag. I own all premium bags (Chanel, fendi, Givenchy, Hermes) but they are all classics. I can't spend that $$ on a hot pink bag. So as an alternative, I am considering a MK sutton but I can't get my head around buying an MK. I have owned them in the past but I can't stand the copy cat mentality. Help talk some sense into me or if you agree and I need to just bite the bullet and go with fendi, I want to hear that too!

https://www.google.com/imgres?imgur...d=0ahUKEwiL_bCP4tvJAhWwp4MKHYeXAP8QMwg1KAcwBw

http://img02.taobaocdn.com/bao/uploaded/i2/TB1SS5OGFXXXXagXFXXXXXXXXXX_!!0-item_pic.jpg

Every designer copies one another to an extent so I guess I don't get that thinking. If you want a hot pink bag at a cheaper price, bite the bullet and get the MK. You can take the dangling charm off too if that bothers you.

I agree with others. If you aren't going to fold in the hot pink as a regular color in your wardrobe, it makes more sense to get the MK to "play" with the color. I had the MK sutton before and did not like how when you are hanging the bag from the long strap, the interior sort of gets pulled out- but thats a pet peeve of mine.

I had the same issue. I bought a hot pink MK bag and removed the dangling charm. I'm even thinking of removing the charms from my MK totes, because I think they're unnecessary.

This is interesting to me. I've just decided that the change I've been saving in a jar for the last year might be to but myself that exact bag. Or maybe a different color. Whatever is available and affordable at the end of January. To me, Michael kors is a luxury.

Different perspectives. Get the one you think you'd use the most.

I really want a hot pink fendi 2jours bag. I own all premium bags (Chanel, fendi, Givenchy, Hermes) but they are all classics. I can't spend that $$ on a hot pink bag. So as an alternative, I am considering a MK sutton but I can't get my head around buying an MK. I have owned them in the past but I can't stand the copy cat mentality. Help talk some sense into me or if you agree and I need to just bite the bullet and go with fendi, I want to hear that too!

I COMPLETELY get you on this!!! 90% of my bags are from premium designers: Chanel, Prada, Gucci, etc. Bags are my passion like some people love cars and boats. So I don't feel bad about only wanting premium designers.

And, like you, I sometimes want a look in my wardrobe that I know I won't wear often so I don't necessarily want to pay a premium though I want to wear premium. In my case I also want hot pink as well as an animal print bag. But if I wear them all of 4 times in a year I don't know that it's worth spending $$$.

Here's my current thinking and maybe it will help you:

• If I can find the element I want (hot pink, animal print, metallic, whatever) in a bag from a premium designer that has classic style that I will wear for YEARS, I'll go ahead and buy it. I figure the years of ownership will justify the price. And since I crazy love the bag I tend to "find" times to wear it more than I originally thought I would.

• If I'm really having heartburn over the price, I hunt for a sale or search pre owned. I got a brand new silver Miu Miu bag on sale for 40% off. That sealed the deal for me.

• If I don't see THE bag in a premium brand with style staying power, I'll look at good quality contemporary designers. But, I still must love the bag. There are several that make wonderful bags. I did this with my orange Dooney & Bourke Alto Eveline. LOVE the bag but didn't need to spend $3000 on orange. 😱

• If I buy contemporary, I never get a "knock off" of the premium bag I wanted. It just makes me frustrated that I didn't buy the original. I may get a distant cousin but nothing close.

• If I can't satisfy the above requirements, I wait. Any time I compromise on a bag I'm really mad at myself (and the bag, and the world) later.

I'm considering the baby Sac du Jour or small Lady Dior in hot pink. Yes, they are expensive for a pink bag. But I'm thinking I'll wear the one I choose quite a bit and both are classic styles I would enjoy wearing forever. But, I'm not sure so I'm in a holding pattern.

Let us know what you buy! (Oh and you can always take the MK medallion off the bag. Add a cute purse charm if you want)

If you really feel like the MK would be a blemish on your collection then hold out for a brand you find more palatable in hot pink. I don't have an issue with the copycat thing and MK, but I look at the Fendi and MK side by side and there is just NO comparison (it's not even FAIR to compare them, but I can't help it). I think you can find a hot pink number from a different designer that would look more premium and maybe even have a cuter design if you hold out.

Me, I LOVE so many of the premier designs, but I stick with contemporary because it suits my lifestyle better. I don't have any MK and I don't foresee myself buying any because I have found that there are REALLY high quality and unique high end contemporary bags out there to populate my little contemporary collection with pride for having found just the right "treasure" in a unique piece that I know many others will NOT have. In that way, I keep my sub-premier collection feeling more exclusive for myself.

That Fendi is just GORGEOUS. If you can't stomach the price, my advice is to keep looking!

If you have this idea in your head, don't buy it. You won't dare to carry it anyway. Find a better alternative that will make you get over the fear of carrying the substitute.

Many people would die for a MMK bag, they are so popular. But if a nagging thought is making you hesitate before you buy the bag instead of thinking how clever you are to track down such a pretty colour for a bargain price it could very well be a costly mistake.

I have an MK I love, but I always wind up wanting the higher end finishes of premier bags. I'd rather buy exactly what I want than pay for a bag that I thought was good enough and the bag I wanted.

A hot pink bag can be substantially more versatile than one might think. It nicely contrasts with blacks, greys, navy blue, etc. I wear mine with just about anything except clashing pinks.

If you can't justify the price for the color though, then hold off. You'll reach for your bags in colors you prefer instead if you're already hesitant. I'll think I'd love to add such and such color to my collection for a particular bag, but see it in my favorite colors and want that more. I can't justify buying a bag that I don't love every aspect about it.

Definitely different bags, i see some common ground but i don't find them comparable.

Anyways, i don't think this has much to do with MK vs others it's more about what you truly desire, if the more costly model is completely beyond reach then i get shopping for a more reasonable alternative but if it's more you wanna save a few bucks be careful or you will not be genuinely satisfied.

Settling is never a good idea.